By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,133 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in Geography Education|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Social Science Education|
|Application Deadline:||July 2021|
The objectives of the programme are to:
a. Initiate and offer relevant courses in the various fields of geography in order to prepare its students for the challenges of the classroom and industry.
b. Equip students to effectively teach Geography at the pre tertiary level
c. Generate textbooks, teaching and learning materials on the subject to meet the growing needs of the various levels of education in the country.
d. Conduct timely and relevant research in order to promote scholarship in the subject in the country.
e. Offer ancillary services to communities outside the University by way of research, consultancy and advice.
– Must possess credit passes (A – D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies, plus
– Three (3) relevant elective subjects (i.e. Geography, Economics, Elective Mathematics, Government and History).
– Must possess credit passes (A1- C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science OR Social Studies, plus
– At least B3 in Geography, and
– Credit passes in two (2) relevant elective subjects (i.e. Economics, Elective Mathematics, Government and History).
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Candidates
– Credit passes in three (3) relevant subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). i. e. Geography, Economics, Mathematics, Government, History, and Religious Studies.
– Also the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five (5) GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an arts subject for Science students.
Special Departmental requirements
Applicants intending to study Geography must have taken Geography and obtained a grade of at least B3 in WASSCE or its equivalent.
– Applicants must be at least 25 years by August 1 of the academic year in which the one wants to enrol on the programme.
– They must also hold a Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’. The applicants must also pass the general University of Education, Winneba and Departmental Entrance Examinations.
Applicants Should Follow the Guidelines below:
In all cases, the following documents should be attached to the completed online application forms:
– Copies of certificates
– Copies of Transcripts of academic record
– One recent passport-size photograph
– Three referees’ reports. (To be submitted directly by referees to) The Dean, School of Graduate Studies = UEWP.O. BOx 25WINNEBA
Applicants should note that:
-No application will be processed unless all requirements are fully met
– Any change of address must be communicated at once to the Dean, School of Graduate Studies
– A change of programme after submission of application forms will NOT be allowed
– ALL certificates and results slips other than those from the West African Examinations Council, the Universities in Ghana and Institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board, should be cleared with the Accreditation Board and the evaluation report attached to the certificate(s)
– All applications must be submitted online at www.uew.edu.gh
– Ghana Education Service
– Ministry of Education
– Private Educational Institutions
– Political Offices
– Public/Civil Services
– Social Workers
– International Organizations
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $1,133
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = 6,508GHS
The Tuition Fees for International Students, is divided into FOUR main categories:
Tuition Fees per year for West African Countries = 16,865GHS (West African Countries include; Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo)
Tuition Fees per year for Other African Countries = 19,023GHS
Tuition Fees per year for Carribean countries = 21,181GHS
Tuition Fees per year for All Other Foreign Countries = 23,345GHS
NOTE: Included in the fees of Final Year Students are;
– Congregation fee of GHS350.00
– Alumni dues GHS10.00