By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,377 /year|
|Applications Begin:||July 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in Forestry|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Forestry Wildlife and Tourism|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The programme is designed to train students for higher professional positions in the management and administration of forest resources and wood-based industries.
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES AND ASSOCIATED ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
There will be two exit levels for the (MSc. FOR). A candidate who shall have completed course work but could not continue with the research component of the program will qualify for the award of a Postgraduate Diploma in Forestry (Level 9). Upon undertaking research and successful completion of the programme coursework as stipulated in the “Regulations and guidelines for higher degrees of Sokoine University of Agriculture”, the candidate will qualify for the award of MSc. in Forestry of Sokoine University of Agriculture.
– Applied Statistics, 9 credits
– Research Methods, 8 credits
– Agro-forestry systems and technologies, 6 credits
– Silviculture of plantations and natural forests, 6 credits
– Tropical Vegetation and Plant Taxonomy5 credits
– Tree Improvement, 5 credits
– Timber Harvesting Systems, 10 credits
– Advanced GIS and Remote Sensing: Applications in Forestry, 10 credits
– Hydrology and Agro-ecological Modelling, 6 credits
– Biodiversity monitoring and management, 6 credits
– Wildlife Ecology and Conservation, 6 credits
– Natural Resource Economics, 7 credits
– Forest Landscapes Restoration, 8 credits
– Advanced Forest Roads Engineering, 11 credits
– Advanced Forest Resource Assessment, 10 credits
– Forest Health Management, 8 credits
– Indigenous knowledge, genetic resources and intellectual property, 10 credits
– Resource and Environmental Economics, 6 credits
– Wood Preservation & Modified Wood, 8 credits
– Forest Soils and Water Management, 7 credits
– Ecological Risk and Impact Assessment, 8 credits
– Project Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation, 7 credits
– Management of Natural Resources in the Tropics, 8 credits
– Climate Change and Forestry, 7 credits
– Entrepreneurship in Natural Resource Management, 7 credits
– Non -Timber Forest Products, 8 credits
Research Proposal Development
– Research Proposal Development, 15 credits
Research and Dissertation
– Research and Dissertation, 45 credits
The Admission regulations for MSc. (For) degree programme shall be as stipulated in the “Regulations and guidelines for higher degrees of Sokoine University of Agriculture.
A transfer of credits from other recognized University may allow a potential candidate to join MSc. (For) degree programme.
A candidate holding a postgraduate Diploma in Forestry (level 9) wishing to continue with research part of his/her study. However, if the elapsed time is more than a year, the candidate shall be required to present his/her research proposal to evaluate if it is still researchable
How to Apply for Admission:
(a) Application forms can be downloaded from the school website:
http://www.sua.ac.tz/postgraduate-application-forms. Application forms can also be requested from the Director’s Office through email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Such dully-filled forms can be returned physically or mailed to the undersigned together with evidence of payment of Tanzanian Shillings TZS 50,000/= or US$ 20 for international students as application fee (normal application ) or TZS 80,000/= or US$50 for international students (for all late applications ). Payments should be made through A/C NO. 0150076769860 CRDB Bank: Swift Code No CORUTZTZXXX.
(b) Online application through http://suasis.sua.ac.tz:9092/index.php/welcome. Make sure that all relevant academic and financial documents are attached before final submission is made.
Career Opportunities for Master of Science in Forestry include:
– Forest Range Officer
– Forestry Technicians
– Forest Officer
– Forestry Staff
– Forest Professionals
– Natural Resource Technician
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students: $1,377
Tuition Fees per year for Tanzanian Students = 3,200,000 TZS
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 9,658,862 TZS
NB: The Tuition fees per year for all Students is an addition of the First Semester Fees: 3,300,000 TZS (Tanzanian Students), 4,325 USD (International Students) PLUS the Second Semester Fees: 3,100,000 TZS (Tanzanian Students), 4,025 (International Students), then Divided by TWO.