By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,377 /year|
|Applications Begin:||July 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in Food Quality and Safety Assurance|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Agriculture|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES AND ASSOCIATED ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
Regulations pertaining to course and dissertation evaluation shall be as per General University Examination Regulations and Guidelines for Postgraduate Programmes of Sokoine University of Agriculture. There shall be two exit points:
– A minimum of 180 credits will be required for a candidate to qualify for the award of MSc. FQS after successful completion of all core and selected elective courses and subsequently admission for research leading to dissertation will qualify the candidate for the award of MSc. in Food Quality and Safety Assurance.
– A minimum of 120 credits from core and selected elective courses will qualify a candidate for a postgraduate diploma in Food Quality and Safety Assurance.
– Food Quality and Safety Management, 10 credits
– Food Microbiology, 10 credits
– Food Toxicology, 6.5 credits
– Food Chemistry and Analysis, 15 credits
– Statistics, 9.5 credits
– Food Biotechnology, 10 credits
– Dairy Technology, 8 credits
– Entrepreneurship Development, 9 credits
– Food Law and Regulations, 9 credits
– Food Hygiene, 9.5 credits
– Process Control and Instrumentation, 7 credits
– Advanced Research Methods, 10 credits
– Risk Analysis, 7.5 credits
– Meat and Fish Technology, 15 credits
– Cereal, Legumes, Oilseed and tuber crops, 15 credits
– Food Sensory Evaluation., 10 credits
– Storage Technology I, 9 credits
– Research Innovation Management and Commercialization, 10 credits
Research Proposal Development
– Research Proposal Writing, 15 credits
– Dissertation Writing, 45 credits
Registration for courses shall be as per SUA general regulations and guidelines. To be admitted into this programme the candidates must have attend at least level 8 of high education training levels and hold a bachelor’s degree in any of the following degrees: BSc Food Science and Technology, BSc Human Nutrition, BSc. Animal Science, BSc. Bioprocess Engineering, BSc Biotechnology and Laboratory Sciences, Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine or related fields from SUA or from a recognized institution.
How to Apply for Admission:
(a) Application forms can be downloaded from the school website:
http://www.sua.ac.tz/postgraduate-application-forms. Application forms can also be requested from the Director’s Office through email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Such dully-filled forms can be returned physically or mailed to the undersigned together with evidence of payment of Tanzanian Shillings TZS 50,000/= or US$ 20 for international students as application fee (normal application ) or TZS 80,000/= or US$50 for international students (for all late applications ). Payments should be made through A/C NO. 0150076769860 CRDB Bank: Swift Code No CORUTZTZXXX.
(b) Online application through http://suasis.sua.ac.tz:9092/index.php/welcome. Make sure that all relevant academic and financial documents are attached before final submission is made.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students: $1,377
Tuition Fees per year for Tanzanian Students = 3,200,000 TZS
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 9,658,862 TZS
NB: The Tuition fees per year for all Students is an addition of the First Semester Fees: 3,300,000 TZS (Tanzanian Students), 4,325 USD (International Students) PLUS the Second Semester Fees: 3,100,000 TZS (Tanzanian Students), 4,025 (International Students), then Divided by TWO.