By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
The Bachelor of Business Science in Financial Engineering degree offered at Strathmore is designed as a modern and exciting discipline that prepares students to capitalize on the financial industry’s growing reliance on quantitative analysis.
By becoming skilled at data management, modelling, finance theory, and computer programming, students position themselves to land some of the financial world’s most sophisticated and competitive jobs.
The unique quantitative approach in this course makes the programme both challenging and very rewarding. The program is designed for students attracted to the pace and rigour of a career in quantitative and computational finance.
– Applied Learning Approach
– Close and active Industry interaction
– Specialized Financial software training
– Computational software training
• A minimum mean grade of B-.
• 6 credits at O-level, A level 3 principal passes
• IB Diploma 34 points out of 45
• A distinction in the Strathmore Entrance Exam.
• Proven leadership skills in school & community and outstanding performance in extra-curricular activities are an added advantage. All candidates meeting the entry requirement are required to sit the University entrance examination in English and Mathematics and an oral interview. Interviews are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:00 am. Candidates are required to bring originals and copies of relevant academic certificates, 2 passport-size photographs, a photocopy of birth certificate or National ID or passport and exam fee Ksh 1,800 entrance.
NOTE: If the certificate you obtained in your country is not mentioned above, please message the “Course Contacts” and they will be able to answer all your questions
Candidates will report to Strathmore University by 8 a.m (Tuesday and Thursday), when interviews are conducted, and bring the following:
– 2 Passport size photos
– Copy of ID or passport or birth certificate
– Copies and originals of academic, professional certificates including K.C.S.E results’ slip
– KShs. 2000 entrance examination fee
The Bachelor of Business Science in Financial Engineering prepares graduates for careers in:
– Risk Management,
– Global Capital Markets,
– Asset Management,
– Quant Trading, and Academia. As such, sample employers include: Central Banks, Nairobi Stock Exchange, Thomson Reuters, Ernst & Young, Citigroup, GE Capital, Futures First among others.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees for International Students =
The fees can be changed at anytime as decided by the school authorities.