By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,660 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Masters of Medicine in Family Medicine|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Medicine and Health Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||May 2021|
The goal of the program is to train and mentor Family Medicine physicians who will provide comprehensive and holistic health care to the family and community by providing leadership, research and advocacy, bringing families and communities to a place of health and wholeness through compassionate health care that exemplify the healing power of Christ.
Expected Learning Outcomes At the end of this program, all Master of Medicine in Family Medicine graduates from Kabarak University should possess the following knowledge, skills and attitudes:
Learning Outcome 1 – Clinical Care: Comprehensive knowledge of clinical specialities and overlapping disciplines of Christian theology, bioethics, research, healthcare management and policy and community health as measured by passing scores on Part I and Part II examinations.
Learning Outcome 2 – Clinical Care: Manage information for clinical decision making to provide comprehensive and holistic healthcare and communicate effectively with the healthcare team, individual and family as measured by faculty evaluations.
Learning Outcome 3 – Clinical Care: Integrate ethical and Biblical values into professional duties as measured by faculty evaluations and self-assessment.
Learning Outcome 4 – Research: Engage effectively in relevant clinical research by successfully completing a quality improvement project and a research-based thesis.
Learning Outcome 5 – Health Service Management: Function competently as a primary health care team member and leader in a health care institution and within the community as measured by faculty and health centre staff evaluations and self-assessment.
Learning Outcome 6 – Health Service Management: Demonstrate efficient and effective management of health services as measured by faculty and health institution evaluations.
Learning Outcome 7 – Leadership: Advocate for underserved populations and the promotion of health of the individual and community as measured by evaluations from faculty and community supervisors and self-assessment.
Learning Outcome 8 – Leadership: Practice high ethical and professional behaviour in all areas of life including a commitment to life-long learning as measured by faculty evaluations, mentorship and professional portfolios.
– Academic Writing
– Reflective Learning and Teaching
– HealthResearch Methods
– Epidemiology and Biostatistics
– Christian Faith and Healing
– Biblical Perspective of Bioethics
– Emergency Life Support Methods
– Internal Medicine
– Obstetrics and Gynaecology
– General Surgery and Orthopaedics
– Critical care
– Ophthalmology for Primary Care
– Otolaryngology for Primary Care
– Ultrasound and CT Imaging
Minimum Admission Requirements Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (M.B.Ch.B.) degree or an equivalent degree; registered or meets the requirements for registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board of Kenya; pass an admission examination and interview administered by the Department of Family Medicine.
How to Apply
**DOWNLOAD & PRINT Application Forms OR OBTAIN Application Forms from the Office of the Registrar (Academic Affairs)
**Duly completed forms should be returned to any of the below offices with non-refundable fee as follows:
– Undergraduate – Kshs. 1,000
– Postgraduate – Kshs. 1,500
Official Kabarak University Bank Accounts / Accepted Payment Means:
– Standard Chartered Bank – 01040-943637-01 Nakuru;
– Trans National Bank – 0040503005 Nakuru;
– Kenya Commercial Bank – 1109663161 Nakuru;
– Equity Bank – 0310294445167 Nakuru Kenyatta Avenue.
– New students – M-PESA paybill /Business number 511480- Enter your National ID Number as account number.
– Continuing students only – MPESA PayBill /Business number 983100 – Enter your Registration Number as Account number. e.g CM/M/1234/01/17 NB. Confirm that all details are correct.
Select “Pay Bill” from M-pesa menu.
Enter Kabarak University business number 983100
Enter your Full Student Admission Number as account number e.g CM/M/1234/01/16.
Enter the amount you wish to pay.
Enter your M-pesa PIN
Confirm that all details are correct
You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS. Paying your Fees with M-PESA (Continuing Students Only)
Paying through M-Pesa by Non Students
– Select “Pay Bill” from M-pesa menu.
– Enter Kabarak University business number 511480
– Enter your Name or ID Number as account number.
– Enter the amount you wish to pay.
– Enter your M-pesa PIN
– Confirm that all details are correct
– You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
No application is valid unless the appropriate application fee has been paid. Application forms can be accessed through an online application or downloaded.
The following documents should be attached to the application form:
– Copies of certificates and all transcripts
– Two (2)recent passport size photographs (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of national ID/Passport or Birth Certificate
Additional Requirements for International Students:
– An official translation of academic records (where the language of study is not English)
– A current financial guarantee letter
– A completed immigration pass form (2 forms enclosed)
– Academic document equation fee
– A copy of Passport
Some Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Clinical radiologist
– General practice doctor
– Hospital doctor
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $1,660
Tuition fees per year for Kenyan Students = KES 180,000
Tuition fees per year for International students = KES 180,000
– The University reserves the right to adjust fees from time to time.
– The Tuition fees does not include charges for other requirements such as medical examination, caution money, identity card, graduation etc