By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$600 /year|
|Applications Begin:||May 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||July 2021|
The program is designed to train students to re – orientate their conception of environmental problems in order to appreciate the key role of science, economics, ethics, politics, human ecology and sociology in environmental conservation.
In so doing a new cadre of environmental professionals will emerge ready to tackle the challenges of increasing natural resource degradation and material poverty and increasing human population.
– Earth Structure and Geoprocess-Processes, 3 credits
– Atmospheric Processes, 3 credits
– Soil Science, 4 credits
– Computer Applications, 4 credits
– Lower Plants, Protistans And Fern Resources, 4 credits
– Higher Plant Resources, 4 credits
– Environmental Microbiology, 3 credits
– Chemical Pocesses In Environment, 3 credits
– Basic Ecology, 4 credits
– Basic Genetics, 3 credits
– Vertebrate Resources, 3 credits
– BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION AND MANAGEMENT, 4 credits
– Elements Of Mathematical Ecology, 4 credits
– Human Ecology, 4 credits
– Environmental Health, 3 credits
– Urbanisation And Environment, 3 credits
– Ecological Modelling, 3 credits
– Natural Resource Economics, 4 credits
– SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT, 3 credits
– Research Methods And Statistics, 4 credits
– Remote Sensing And Geographic Information Systems, 4 credits
– Environmental Biotechnology, 3 credits
– Cleaner Production, 3 credits
– EIA And Environmental Standards, 4 credits
– Conservation Genetics, 3 credits
– Trade And Environment, 3 credits
– Agriculture And Environment, 3 credits
– Energy Resources, 3 credits
– Environment Education And Communication, 3 credits
– Land Use Planning And Management, 3 credits
– Environmental Policy And Legislation, 3 credits
– WetLands Ecology And Management, 3 credits
– Integrated Wate Resources Management, 3 credits
– Conflict Resolution In Natural Resource Management, 3 credits
– Project Planning And Management, 3 credits
– Climate Change, 3 credits
– Pollution Analysis, 4 credits
– Environmental Disaster Assessment, 3 credits
Each applicant should:
Have the Uganda Certificate of Education with at least (five passes), or its equivalent and at least two principal passes at Advanced Level obtained at the same sitting.
Hold at least a Second Class or Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma from a recognised institution, relevant to this programme.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Application forms and other relevant information may be obtained from undergraduate admissions Office, Level 3, Senate Building, Makerere University. Admissions are processed in May/June every year.
2. Non-refundable application fee of UG Shs.50,000 plus Bank charge of UG Shs.2,500/= should be paid from the following banks using Makerere University Paying-in-slips:
i. Any STANBIC BANK BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 9030005816385
ii. DFCU BANK MAKERERE BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 01013500181512
iii. CENTENARY BANK MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 4912300001
iv. CRANE BANK MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 0145053500100
3. After paying, each applicant must attach a copy of the paying – in slip to the application form and submit the completed application form to the Undergraduate Admissions Office in the Senate Building, Makerere University.
Candidates who hold grades X, Y, Z, 7 and 9 of ‘O’level results should not apply because they are Not eligible for admission.
Diploma holder applicants who hold class three (3) Diploma Certificates are not eligible for admission and therefore should not apply, except where stated in the diploma holders requirements.
Makerere University welcomes International Students who should follow the Application Procedure below;
1. Get pay in slips from Stanbic or DFCU bank at the main campus Makerere University where applicable.
2. After paying the Fee of USD $ 75 or 172,500 UGX take the bank slip to the main building (Finance Department) for verification where applicable.
3. On presentation of the application fee bank slip, pick the application form from Room 316, Level 3, Senate Building.
4. Applicants with academic documents prescribed in other languages other than English should be submitted to the School of Languages, Makerere University for translation into English.
5. Applicants who obtained qualifications elsewhere other than Uganda should take their secondary school academic documents to Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) located in Ntinda for purposes of being equated to Ugandan grades.
6. Completed forms should be returned to level 3, Senate Building, Room 316, and the following documents MUST be attached to the application form:
– Original Pay in slip from the Bank
– One Passport size photograph of the applicants’ current likeness
– Photocopies of Secondary School Certificates (i e Ordinary Level and Advanced Level) or its equivalent.
7. Diploma/Degree holder’s applicants MUST attach certified photocopies of their academic transcripts issued by the awarding institutions.
8. Applicants from countries where the language of instruction is not English are required to bring evidence of proficiency of English. However, Makerere University (School of Languages) conducts proficiency tests on request.
9. Applicants wishing to be admitted to the Bachelor of Laws programme offered by Makerere University are required to take a pre-entry examination.
10. International students MUST present insurance certificates from a reputable insurance firm at the time of admission. So, the insurance firm should cater for any eventuality not Makerere University.
11. The Academic Year normally starts in August every year. Applicants can download the form and send it with academic documents attached to; The Academic Registrar (Admissions), Makerere University, P O BOX 7062, Kampala-Uganda.
Career Opportunities for Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science include:
– Amenity horticulturist
– Commercial horticulturist
– Environmental consultant
– Environmental education officer
– Environmental engineer
– Environmental manager
– Horticultural consultant
– Horticultural therapist
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan, EAC and Refugee Students: $600
Tuition Fee Per Year for Ugandan Students = 2,221,800 UGX
Tuition Fee per Year for International Students = 2,777,250 UGX
NOTE: Students from countries within the East African Community (EAC), as well as Refugee students, pay the same tuition fee as Ugandans.
**Member countries of the EAC sub Region include; Uganda, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan and Tanzania.