By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$647 /year|
|Applications Begin:||July 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science|
|Start Date:||October 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Earth Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||August 2021|
This is a three-year program training on skills and understanding of the earth’s physical and chemical processes and develop an appreciation of the interaction between the many different aspects of the environment.
The programme also offers interdisciplinary insights into the study of environmental problems, stimulating the quest of applying scientific techniques in solving these problems. The graduates from this programme will have thorough command of their subject matter as well as valuable and transferable environmental skills, preparing them to be well-placed to enter employment fray or join postgraduate training.
– Mathematics Core 10
– Introduction to Computers Core 7.5
– Technical Report Writing and Documentation Core 7.5
– Communication Skills for Earth Sciences Core 10
– Principles of Physics Core 7.5
– Fundamentals of Biology Core 10
– Development Perspectives I Core 7.5
– Environmental Physics Core 7.5
– Introduction to Environmental Science Core 10
– Introduction to Natural resources Conservation and Management Core 7.5
– Physical Chemistry for Engineers Core 10
– Principles of Remote Sensing Core 12
– Fundamentals of Ecology Core 7.5
– Industrial Training I Core 7.5
– Water Supply and Environmental Sanitation Core 15
– Environmental Microbiology Core 7.5
– Env. Statistics and Statistical Methods Core 10
– Principles of GIS Core 10
– Environmental Management Systems Core 7.5
– Environmental Chemistry Core 10
– Meteorology Core 7.5
– Environmental Ecology Core 10
– Toxicology and Risk Management Core 10
– Pollution Science Core 15
– Water Resource Management Core 10
– Industrial Training II Core 7.5
ES 311 Environmental Pollution Prevention and Control Core 10
ES 312 Environmental Policies and Legislation Core 10
ES 313 Environmental Planning and Assessment Core 7.5
EE 314 Environmental Health and Epidemiology Core 7.5
MN 415 Entrepreneurship and Management for Engineers Core 10
ES 315 Final Year Project I Core 7.5
Elective 1 Elective 7.5
ES 321 Environmental Biotechnology Core 10
EE 323 Solid Waste Management and technology Core 10
ES 324 Disaster and Risk Management Core 7.5
EE 423 Environmental Economics Core 7.5
EE 421 Occupational Health and Safety Core 7.5
ES 325 Final Year Project II Core 13
Elective 2 Elective 7.5
Two principal passes in any of the two subjects: Advanced Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Geography.
Diploma in Laboratory Science and Technology, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Health Sciences, Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mining Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Irrigation Engineering, Geology, Aquaculture/Marine Sciences, Agriculture, Forestry, or Botany, with an average of “B” or GPA of 3.0
How to Apply
Applicants are required to lodge applications directly to the University of Dodoma through the UDOM Online Admission System (OAS) at https://application.udom.ac.tz.
**An Application fee of 10,000 TZS, is expected to be paid by all Applicants
NOTE: The Application Deadline is in August.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Environmental Scientist
– Environmental Lawyer
– Environmental Engineer
– Conservation Scientist
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian and SADC Students: $647
Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students = 1,500,000 TZS
Tuition Fees for International Students = 4,611,200 TZS
Students from countries in the Southern African Development Community (SADC), also pay the same fee as local Students. The 16 Countries in the SADC region include: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
– All students are required to pay full tuition fees for the year. Payment by installments will only be permitted under special arrangements. It is the responsibility of the students to arrange for the payment of fees by the sponsor or the Higher Education Students‟ Loans Board (HESLB). No student will be allowed to use University facilities before payment of the required fees.
– Students who fail to pay will be expelled from the university.