By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$991 /year|
|Applications Begin:||August 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Pure and Applied Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science applies a broad interdisciplinary perspective to understanding how the world works, enabling students to tackle pressing issues such as ensuring that human has access to clean water and air, and the resources required for agriculture and industrial activity
The curriculum for the degree programme shall extend over a period of not less than four academic years of study.
KCSE certificate with a minimum of C+(plus)and grade C+ (plus) in Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics
Diploma in relevant disciplines from an Institution of Higher Learning recognized by the Mount Kenya University senate with a mean grade of C (plain) in KCSE.
**Application forms can be downloaded from www.mku.ac.ke or collected from the school campuses/ marketing centres. Duly filled application forms should be addressed to the Registrar – Academic Administration.
The following Documents should be made available:
– Copies of all academic certificates including secondary school certificates, Bachelors, Diplomas & Certificate level transcripts and certificates.
– One (1) recent passport size photograph (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of national I.D/Passport.
Application fee is as follows:
– a) Kshs 1000 for Certificate, Diploma and under- graduate programs for the East African applicants. USD 50 for the Non-East African Applicants.
– Kshs 2000 for Postgraduate programmes for East African Applicants. USD 100 for Non-East African Applicants.
Application for admission does not guarantee admission into the University for course applied for; this will be subject to fulfilment of all requirements and class size as approved by the University Senate.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Environmental Scientist
– Environmental Lawyer
– Environmental Engineer
– Conservation Scientist
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan and East African applicants: $991
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = Kshs. 109,100
Tuition Fees for International Students = Kshs 130,920
Students from Countries in the East African Community (EAC), pay the same amount as Kenyan Students. The six countries in the East African Community include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
– All international students (Non East African) are to pay additional (statutory fee, quality assurance & tuition fee) of 20% above the normal fee.
– The university fees payment can also be done in easy instalments within the semester. The instalments are as follows: 30% upon registration, 30%- second instalment, 20%-third instalment 20% – fourth instalment.