By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
Environmental studies offers invaluable knowledge and skills to meet these challenges on a daily basis and offer possible solutions to key issues affecting people at all levels of society. They include enabling one to analyze environmental issues, use the information as tools in decision making, leading to sustainable exploitation and management of resources.
This programme endows the user with appropriate skills and up-to-date knowledge for acquiring, processing analyzing and maintaining environmental information. It also provides the user with advanced analysis functionalities that allow complex environmental analyses to be performed. The duration of the course is eight semesters on full time basis.
The course will comprise of theoretical and practical approaches necessary for orderly utilization of resources, the conservation and management of environment for systematic planning of sustainable national development.
Professional or students who are involved in natural resource management or aspire to acquire environmental information systems knowledge including but not restricted to:
– Natural resource Planners
– Natural resource managers / professionals.
– COMMUNICATION SKILLS
– MICROBIAL DIVERSITY
– INORGANIC CHEMISTRY
– ALGEBRA FOR BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
– INVERTEBRATE ZOOLOGY
– FUNDAMENTALS OF ECOLOGY
– PRINCIPLES OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
– INTRODUCTION TO ACCOUNTING
– PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
– DEVELOPMENTAL STUDIES AND SOCIAL ETHICS
– FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTING
– TROPICAL ECOLOGY
– ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
– CALCULUS FOR BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
– ENERGY, DEVELOPMENT AND ENVIRONMENT
– INTRODUCTION TO EARTH SCIENCES
– INTRODUCTION TO GIS AND REMOTE SENSING
– APPLIED COMPUTING
– AGRO-FORESTRY AND FOREST RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
– PRINCIPLES OF ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
– VERTEBRATE ZOOLOGY
– ENVIRONMENTAL BIOLOGY AND CONSERVATION
– TECHNIQUES FOR ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING
– MINERAL RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
SECOND YEAR – SECOND SEMESTER
– CLEAN PRODUCTIONS AND GREEN CHEMISTRY
– CELL BIOLOGY AND GENETICS
– ARTHROPOD BIOLOGY
– BIOSTATISTICS I
– HAZARD IDENTIFICATION AND RISK MANAGEMENT
– ANIMAL ECOLOGY
– BIOPROSPECTING AND BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION
– APPLICATIONS OF GIS AND REMOTE SENSING
– ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS
– LAND ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT
– ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY
– SOIL SURVEY AND LAND USE PLANNING
– BIOSTATISTICS II
– ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT AND AUDIT I
– OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH
– RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
– EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY
– AIR AND NOISE POLLUTION
– MARINE ECOLOGY
– RESTORATION OF DAMAGED ENVIRONMENTS
– ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT AND AUDIT II
– INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT
– ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILLS
– FRESH WATER ECOLOGY
– WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT
– MOLECULAR ECOLOGY
– TROPICAL BIODIVERSITY
– WATER USE AND MANAGEMENT
– RESEARCH PROJECT
– SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT
– ENVIRONMENTAL MICROBIOLOGY
– ENVIRONMENTAL LAW
– SOLID AND HAZARDOUS WASTE MANAGEMENT
– WATER AND LAND POLLUTION
How to Apply
Application Requirements for qualified students:
– A dully filled registration form – to be obtained from the offices/website upon payment of non-refundable fee.
– Two passport size photos.
– Copies of relevant certificates
Applications for the courses are on official application forms.
1. click to download JKUAT IT Department application form. or obtain a hand-copy from the office.
2. Pay a non-refundable application fee as follows:
– Certificates: Kshs500
– Diplomas: 1000
– Degrees: Kshs1,500
– Masters: 1,500
Bank Account Numbers:
– Standard Chartered Bank Account number 0108023434900
– Barclays Bank Account Number 0775001216
– Co-operative Bank of Kenya Account Number 01129098952900
– National Bank Account Number 0100359580600
– Equity Bank Account Number 0090291251426
The graduates of the programme can work as:
– environmental officers,
– research scientists/officers,
– academicians (lecturer, teacher, and tutor),
– product sales specialists,
– environmental safety officers,
– or they can further their education in more advanced field of environmental sciences.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan and East Africa Community Students: $1,635
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = Kshs180,000
Tuition Fees for International Students = Kshs216,000
**EAC (East African Community) Students pay the same amount as Kenyan students. Countries in the East African Community include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
NOTE: The tuition fees charged, may vary from programme to programme and from time to time, with foreign students paying 20% more that the Kenyan students.: