By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$647 /year|
|Applications Begin:||October 2021|
|Final Award:||Environmental Health Science|
|Start Date:||November 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Public Health and Social Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||November 2021|
This is a six-semester (three years) competency-based programme whose overall aim is to train and produce graduates with a wide range of relevant competencies and skills which will enable them to make positive contributions towards the management and improvement of environmental health in Tanzania and beyond.
Three principal passes in Chemistry, Biology and either Physics or Mathematics or Nutrition or Geography or Agriculture at A level with a minimum of 6 points.
Whereby one must have at least C grade in Chemistry and at least D grade in Biology and E grade in Physics or Mathematics or Nutrition or Geography or Agriculture
NOTE: If the certificate you obtained in your country is not mentioned above, please message the “Course Contacts” and they will be able to answer all your questions.
(i) Applicants with A-Level Qualifications (Direct Entry scheme): – Applicants with A-Level qualifications (direct entry scheme) and applicants who hold foreign A – Level Certificates should apply for the degree courses through the Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) online Application Portal available on the website www.muhas.ac.tz.
(ii) Applicants with Equivalent Qualifications: – Applicants under equivalent qualifications should also apply through the Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) online Application Portal through the website www.muhas.ac.tz.
For Foreign Students, they must contact NECTA (National Examinations Council of Tanzania) before Application, same for applicants with Diploma certificates, who have to contact NACTE (National Council for Technical Education) to verify their certificates before initiating the application process on the MUHAS website.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Air Pollution Analyst.
– Disaster Management Specialist
– Environmental Health Professional
– Environmental Inspector
– Environmental Sanitation Engineer
– Environmental Toxicologist
– Groundwater Protection Specialist.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students: $647
Tanzanians students pay TZS 1,500,000 per year as tuition fees
International Students pay TZS 1,0184,243 per year as tuition fees
– Students are required to have sufficient funds to cater for special programme requirements. Such requirements may be in the form of boots, overalls, scientific calculators, drawing board, gloves, masks etc as well as funds for practical training depending on the program. Applicants are urged to consult the University prospectus for specific requirements by their schools or consult the schools that they intend to apply for more details, including indicative cost implication
– All students will have to join or show evidence that they are members of the National Health Insurance Fund or other funds at the time of registration.
– All indicated payments should be deposited in the following bank account: NMB Account No. 20901100002 in favour of Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS).