By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in Entrepreneurship and Innovations Management|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Business|
|Application Deadline:||9 October 2020|
The programme specifically aims to:
Course structure and Duration
– The programme consists of 12 taught course units that constitute Part 1 while a project Part II.
– The minimum duration for the programme shall be 4 semesters, while the maximum duration shall be 10 semesters, and will involve coursework, examinations and the research project.
– A candidate shall be allowed to take a maximum of 6 course units and a minimum of 2 course units per semester.
– Each course unit shall be taught for 45 contact hours.
– There will be 8 core course units which shall be taken by all candidates.
– In addition to the core course units, candidates will be required to take 3 specialization course units in a chosen thematic area, and 1 elective course unit. Specialization course units allow a student to concentrate in their chosen thematic area, while elective course units provide options for additional knowledge in other areas of interest, not necessarily in their chosen thematic area.
– Electives may be chosen from the list of elective course units in any area of study, or from specialization course units from a different thematic area, that would now count as electives.
– Course units can only be taken after the necessary prerequisites have been successfully completed.
– After completing Part I (all the taught course units – 8 core course units, 3 specialization course units, and 1 elective course unit), candidates will carry out research and produce a project (Part II). Part II shall commence in the semester immediately succeeding successful completion of Part I. Once the project is started it must be completed within the semester, or duration of six course units, with the maximum duration equivalent to the minimum load of two course units per semester.
Applicants who have completed equivalent Masters course units at other Senate recognized universities may, with the approval of the Senate, be allowed to transfer credits up to one third (four) course units into their program. Students desiring to receive credit for any prior course units done will need to make a formal request, which includes:
a) A list of the University of Nairobi course units for which the student is interested in getting credit;
b) Official transcripts, indicating courses that may be equivalent and;
c) Description and syllabus/outlines for the courses previously taken and passed. In addition there may be an exemption examination.
**All those seeking to transfer credits will be required to pay an appropriate fee.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Business consultant
– Research and development
– Not-for-profit fundraiser
– Business reporter
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 2 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.