By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$808 /year|
|Applications Begin:||March 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor Of Electrical Engineering|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Engineering|
|Campus:||Kyambogo Hill Campus|
|Application Deadline:||May 2021|
The Bachelor of Electrical Engineering incorporates the fundamentals of electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering, with an aim towards preparing students for careers in electrical power and renewable energy industries. It is four years day and evening programme.
Program in brief
This programme covers all the essentials in Electrical Engineering.
In year one, the students cover the foundations needed for an engineering degree including engineering mathematics, engineering drawing, communication skills, computer technology and ICT, instrumentation, electronics and electromagnetic fields. In many of the modules, you will have hands on in laboratories and workshops learning through experience.
Year two covers advanced principles in Engineering mathematics, digital circuits, design of amplifiers, computer programming, control systems, Principles of power and energy systems. You will have hands-on experience in the various laboratories and workshops to supplement theory with practice.
Year three is dedicated to electrical power systems, thermodynamic principles, power plant engineering, installation and design of power systems and renewable energy technologies. You will also have the opportunity to work on an engineering project as a group.
In year four, the students acquire knowledge and principles associated with electromechanical drives, power systems, power electronics, substation engineering, control of energy systems and power systems instrumentation. You will be able to work on a project as an individual in this final year.
Admission to the Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (BEE) shall be done in accordance with Kyambogo University procedures and regulations in line with the minimum requirements by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
In addition, a person qualifies for admission provided he/she satisfies minimum requirements of:-
– At least two principal passes in both Physics and Mathematics and a subsidiary pass in Chemistry at the same sitting of the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) for a Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) combination or
– At least two principal passes in both Physics and Mathematics at the same sitting of the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) for a physics, Economics and Mathematics (PCM) combination and at least credit pass in Chemistry at the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or
– At least a credit or second class lower of a higher diploma in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications engineering from a recognized institution or
– At least a credit or second class lower or a Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Engineering or any other in the field of Electrical and Electronic Engineering from a recognized Institution or
– At least a credit or second class lower of an Ordinary Diploma (or a Diploma) in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Science Technology (Physics) from a recognized Institution or
– A degree in Science disciplines that that includes Physics from a recognized Institution or
– Having passed the mature age entry examination administered by the University
– At least a credit or second class lower in other Diplomas or Certificates approved by the University to be equivalent to any of those stated above.
How To Apply
To apply online, the students need to do the following:
– Make sure they have the relevant documents need.
– Have and Email Address and Internet Connection.
– Visit the Admission Portal = https://admissions.kyu.ac.ug/
** All Applications are done Online
** An Application fee of 50,000 UGX for local students and 110,270 UGX for International Students has to be paid.
** Applications begin in March and end in May.
After completing the diploma in Electrical Engineering, you will be able to select from a number of careers at your disposal. Typical employers of electrical engineering graduates are consultancies, government, telecommunication industry, energy, manufacturing, utility companies and the armed forces. As an electrical engineer, your workplace will vary from offices, laboratories to filed sites depending on the nature of the project you are focusing on.
As electrical engineers advance in their career, they will be able to take up managerial jobs in their organizations. Being an electrical engineer might require you to work overtime especially at the end of the project and may also involve frequent local and international travels.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan and East African Community Students: $808
Tuition fees for Ugandan Students = 3,000,000UGX
Tuition fees for International Students = 4,500,000 UGX
– Students from other countries in the East African Community (EAC) pay the same amount as local students. The EAC countries include; Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan.
– The University reviews tuition fees on a regular basis.
– There are other functional fees and other costs that you might incur while studying. These include costs for internship, research, medical fees and other expenses that you might include such as photocopying, printing, buying specialized equipment and tools.