By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,133 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Electrical/ Electronics Technology Education|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Technical Education|
|Application Deadline:||July 2021|
The Technology Education Programme is about creating learning situations which encourage technological awareness, fostering attitudes of cooperation, social responsibilities and develop abilities to enhance the quality of the environment.
The programme seeks to:
• Help students develop competencies and skills in the technology subjects.
• Provide opportunities for students to be in touch with current industrial developments and practices
• Assist students develop awareness, understanding and expertise in areas of creative thinking which can be developed and expressed through designing, manufacturing and evaluation
• Enable students apply a variety of teaching methods in the classroom and workshop situations.
The programme targets:
• SHS Certificate Holders
• Those desiring to be trained in Technology Education
• Diploma Certificate Holders in the relevant subject
Applicants seeking admission must be holders of any one of the following:
1. WASSCE certificate with grade A1-C6 in three (3) core subjects which are English, Core mathematics and Integrated Science, and three elective subjects from the following: Automotive Mechanics, Elective Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering Science, Technical Drawing, Applied Electricity, Electronics, Metalwork, Welding.
2. SSSCE certificate with Grade D or better in three core subjects which are: English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science, and three (3) Electives from the following: Automotive Mechanics, Elective Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering Science, Technical Drawing, Applied Electricity, Electronics, Metalwork, Welding.
3. GCE ADVANCED LEVEL certificate with at least grade D or better in three Science subjects. They must also have credit passes (grade 6) in five (5) subjects in GCE ‘O’ Level including English, Mathematics and Science.
4. PART III CERTIFICATE in Electrical Engineering Technicians (EET) Part III certificate (All EET Part III applicants must pass an interview)
5. Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate in Electrical/Electronics with specialization in any one of the following options:
Successful HND applicants would be placed at Level 200. However, those with a class below 2nd Lower will be placed at level 100
6. MATURE APPLICANTS:
Applicants who do not satisfy any of the criteria specified above could apply as mature candidates but must be twenty-five (25) years old by August of the year of enrolment. Such applicants may be holders of any of the following:
i. Electrical Engineering Technician Part II
ii. Advanced City and Guilds Certificate in Electrical EngineeringOR
iii. Electrical Installation Work, Course C
iv. Teachers Certificates A (Technical Option)
v. WASSCE OR SSSCE holders who do not qualify for direct entry but are 25 years of age
*Please Note the following:
1. All mature applicants must pass an entrance examination comprising a Subject Area Test (SAT) and a General Aptitude Test (GAT)
2. All applicants must indicate whether they are opting for REGULAR or DISTANCE Mode
Applicants Should Follow the Guidelines below:
In all cases, the following documents should be attached to the completed online application forms:
– Copies of certificates
– Copies of Transcripts of academic record
– One recent passport-size photograph
– Three referees’ reports. (To be submitted directly by referees to) The Dean, School of Graduate Studies = UEWP.O. BOx 25WINNEBA
Applicants should note that:
-No application will be processed unless all requirements are fully met
– Any change of address must be communicated at once to the Dean, School of Graduate Studies
– A change of programme after submission of application forms will NOT be allowed
– ALL certificates and results slips other than those from the West African Examinations Council, the Universities in Ghana and Institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board, should be cleared with the Accreditation Board and the evaluation report attached to the certificate(s)
– All applications must be submitted online at www.uew.edu.gh
Job opportunities for Bachelor of Science in Electrical/ Electronics Technology Education can be found in:
– The Ghana Education Service and other Educational Institutions
– The Manufacturing and Construction Industries
– Graduates can also set themselves up in their own businesses
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $1,133
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = 6,508GHS
The Tuition Fees for International Students, is divided into FOUR main categories:
Tuition Fees per year for West African Countries = 16,865GHS (West African Countries include; Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo)
Tuition Fees per year for Other African Countries = 19,023GHS
Tuition Fees per year for Carribean countries = 21,181GHS
Tuition Fees per year for All Other Foreign Countries = 23,345GHS
NOTE: Included in the fees of Final Year Students are;
– Congregation fee of GHS350.00
– Alumni dues GHS10.00