By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Arts in Economics|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Economics|
|Application Deadline:||9 October 2020|
The programme takes 4 semesters.
– In level 1, Semester 1, a student is expected to take XEC 501, XEC 503, XEC 505 and XEC 507.
– In Semester II, the student should take XEC 502, XEC 504, XEC 506 & XEC 508.
– In Level II, Semester I, a student will take 4 electives.
– In Semester II, the student will write XEC 599, which is equivalent to 4 units.
– The programme shall consist of 2 years of full-time study by coursework, examination and a Project Paper. The first year of study shall be devoted to coursework only, while the second year will be devoted to further coursework (first semester), research, writing and examination of the Project Paper.
– In each of the two semesters of the first year, candidates shall be required to take FOUR (4) compulsory courses.
– During the second year of study, candidates shall be required to take (4) electives during the first semester,
– The second semester of the second year will be completely devoted to research and production of a project paper.
**The common regulation for admission and registration in a Masters degree in the University of Nairobi shall apply.
**In addition the following shall be eligible for registration for the Masters programme:
i) Holders of at least an Upper Second Class Honours degree in Economics;
ii) Holders of degrees or equivalent qualifications from other institutions recognized by the Senate of the University of Nairobi as being of comparable academic status to those in (I) above.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Policy Analyst
– Budget Analyst
– Market Researcher
– Data Scientist
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees per year for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 2 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.