By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$7,942 /year|
|Applications Begin:||April 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Arts in Economics|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Business|
|Application Deadline:||October 2021|
Completion of the AUC Graduate Program in Economics opens wide opportunities for prestigious and creative jobs in research centers and departments, both in government and private institutions. AUC graduates of this program have also made valuable additions to several U.N. and international development institutions.
The applicant for admission to the master’s program in economics should have a considerable background in economic theory. An applicant whose bachelor’s degree is in a discipline other than economics may be admitted provisionally, but in such cases the applicant must complete additional undergraduate courses. The prerequisite for full admission to the master’s degree in economics is completion of ECON 4061 and ECON 4081 with a grade of B or better; i.e. a student must complete ECON 4061 and ECON 4081 before enrolling in any 500 level course.
The department uses as reference for admission, minimum acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) of 150 verbal, 150 quantitative, and 3.0 analytical (which is equivalent to 450 verbal, 600 quantitative, and 3.0 analytical for exams taken prior to September 1, 2011). Prior to full admission, students must have reported their GRE examination scores.
Students applying for Master in Economics can choose either Thesis Track or Non-Thesis Track option. Total credit hours for completion of the Master Degree for either track is 27 credit hours.
HOW TO APPLY
1- Submit the online application form. (Application is available online only). The application can be renewed from the fall to the spring semester of the same academic year only. A new application should be submitted for a new academic year.
2- Fulfill the requirements of your secondary school certificate. The most common secondary school certificates accepted by AUC are listed below. The minimum cut-off scores for each certificate may change from one semester to another according to University requirements. Having the minimum academic requirements does not grant you an offer of a place but rather ensures entry to the selection process.
– Thanawiya Amma
– German Abitur
– IGCSE/GCSE/GCE British Certificate
– International Baccalaureate
– French Baccalaureate
– American High School Diploma
– Canadian Certificates
– Other Certificates
1. Late submission of admission credentials decreases your chances of declaring science and engineering majors because places in these programs are limited.
2. Check that you have fulfilled all the University’s language requirements, as demonstrated by your TOEFL/IELTS scores.
– Results of the TOEFL/IELTS exams may be sent directly to the admissions office. AUC’s code number is 0903
– Both tests should be completed no more than two years prior to the first day of the term for which you are applying for admission
– English placement depends on your TOEFL/IELTS test scores
– Students who believe their placement in the ELI is not appropriate for their level of English proficiency are encouraged to re-take the TOEFL or IELTS. AUC does not offer “exemption” exams of any kind
– The deadline to submit improved English placement test scores is the last working day before the first day of classes each semester
3. Check that you have submitted all required documents by the set deadlines. Your application and a final admission decision will be pending the submission of all these documents. Applications submitted after the set deadlines will be considered according to space availability.
4. Provisional Admission: AUC considers the most academically qualified applicants for provisional admission if they earned excellent grades or submitted the necessary documents prior to the set deadlines.
5. Final acceptance will be given after submitting your final transcript and proof of graduation by or before the assigned deadlines.
About the Application Deadlines:
**Spring Semester (American system) which begins in January and ends in early May, has as Undergraduate Application Deadline October 1, 2020.
**Fall Semester (American system) which starts in late August and ends in late December, has as Undergraduate Application Deadline March 1, 2021.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Policy Analyst.
– Budget Analyst.
– Market Researcher.
– Data Scientist.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Egyptian Students: $7,942
**Tuition Fee per year for Egyptian Students: 126,232 EGP ($7,816 )
**Tuition Fee per year for International Students: 160,232 EGP ($9,922)
– The tuition rate is based on a flat rate of $579 for Egyptian students per credit hour and $735 for international students per credit hour.
– Tuition fees for Egyptian students may be paid in Egyptian pounds according to CIB (Commercial International Bank) exchange rate on the day of payment. Tuition fees for international students must be paid in US dollars.
– Tuition fees are collected each semester. No student with an outstanding bill (including charges for breakage or library fines) will be admitted to any examination, given any certificate or report of academic standing, or be permitted to register for a subsequent semester.