By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,897 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science In Economics|
|Start Date:||January 2022|
|Academic Unit:||School of Business and Economics|
|Application Deadline:||November 2021|
The Bachelor of Science in Economics degree is a broad-based globally oriented programme designed to provide the student with sound knowledge of economic disciplines and adequate tools for the understanding of economic variables, necessary for effective decision making in a rapidly changing global economic environment.
Requirements for Graduation:
To graduate a student must complete a total of 129 hours: 30 hours of general courses, 87 required courses in economics, 6 hours of economics electives and 6 hours general electives.
The BSc economics is a broad based globally oriented programme designed to provide the student with sound knowledge of economic disciplines and adequate tools for the understanding of economic variables, necessary for effective decision making in a rapidly changing global economic environment. The programme is also designed to equip the student with adequate knowledge and skills in related disciplines.
This will enhance its application in problem solving in public, private and non-profit making organizations, as well as in academic fields. It emphasizes interrelationships with other disciplines and utilization of techniques that can be applied in the allocation of the scarce resources available to mankind, in an effort to create a better world to live in.
In development, the expertise of economists is in great demand, especially as regards economic planning and development programmes. A wide selection of topics provides the student with a firm ground and excellent tools to work with in dealing with technicalities of economic management.
Research and conceptual Analytical methods are studied to sharpen the student’s knowledge in the real economic environment. Global and multi-disciplinary approaches to problem solving are emphasized. The carefully selected topics, such as analysis of economic variables, planning, Research, project evaluation and design, synthesize the many components of the economics major programme.
Specifically, the goals of a BSc in Economics are to:
– Stimulate the student to consider a career in economics as a worthy cause of serving God, country and mankind as a whole.
– Challenge the student to practice the Christian principles of integrity and honesty in performing his/her duties as an expression of Christian commitment to the community and the nation as a whole.
– Equip the student with core knowledge of economics and related disciplines such as business management, accounting, finance, marketing, information systems, business law, business ethics, and human resource management.
– Introduce the student to contemporary economic thought and economic trends in an effort to control or eliminate hunger, disease, ignorance and other human deprivations.
– Provide the student with an adequate foundational base to proceed to graduate courses in the field of economics, management, finance and research.
– Prepare the student to become a well-grounded future executive in economics’ multi-disciplinary field, ready to assume career responsibilities in the management of public and private Institutions.
– Equip the student with necessary tools for economic analysis, policy emulation, problem identification and problem solving.
Applicants for the Bachelor of Commerce must fulfil entry requirements that apply to all Daystar undergraduate students, i.e. (a minimum of C+ in KCSE, or 5 credits in IGCSE; or 2 principal pass in A level; or division 2 in GCE or 50% from other countries). In addition they must have obtained at least a Grade of C (plain) in Mathematics.
Daystar admission forms are collected from either Athi-River campus or the Nairobi campus. On completion, the form is handed back to the registrar office with a fee of KSh. 2,000 which is not refundable. Deadlines for the application are; 30th November, 30th April and 31st July for January, May and August intakes respectively. Other required documents are:
– Two recent passport size photos for Kenyan student and four for international students all having names at the back
– Secondary, post-secondary, university or college certificates.
– Financial Information Sheet (Foreign students need to include a financial letter from sponsor guaranteeing payment)
– Completed student information sheet and copy of your passport (For foreign students only).
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $1,897
*Tuition fees per year for Kenyan Students = 205,120KES
*Tuition fees per year for Foreign Students= 211,120KES
International Students pay an additional 6000KES (Day students), 8000KES (Boarding Students) to the normal tuition fees.
All fees for each semester are payable in advance or before the date of registration by bankers cheque or direct bank deposit. The University does not accept cash payments or money orders. In order to assist sponsors who cannot raise full fees, the University allows payment of tuition and hostel fees in four equal monthly instalments from the first day of the semester. Sponsors wishing to pay the fees by instalments must apply to the Finance Manager before the semester begins.