By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$649 /year|
|Applications Begin:||May 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in Economics|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Economics and Managements|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
About the Programme
The Bachelor of Science in Economics programme is designed for students who want to pursue a career as Economists in academia, industry, finance or government. It equips students with analytical skills to tackle the complexities of the modern world through economic analysis, modeling, monitoring and planning for both public and private organizations. They will also deal with logical analysis of social and individual decision making. Career options to graduates include; Accountants, Tax Advisers, Actuarial Work, Insurance and Trading, etc
Objectives the Programme
The bachelor’s degree in Economics curriculum is designed to achieve the following set of objectives:
– To equip students with a strong economic theory background that is of value in the promotion of growth in the economies of the developing countries.
– To offer valuable employable skills that can be used in public, private sector and industries.
– To equip students with skills and knowledge that is relevant to economic planners of the modern world.
– To equip students with research analytical skills essential to the development of the economy.
– To prepare students for post graduate studies at later stages.
– To produce students that can be vital in passing on economics knowledge to the next generation.
Mission and Vision
To be recognized and referenced as the foremost institution of higher learning in East Africa for those seeking studies in economics and other related fields.
The Bachelor of Economics program is committed to students’ intellectual development by fostering an understanding and appreciation of economic forms of explanation and their relationships to other social sciences. Economics faculty members are dedicated to sound and effective pedagogy, to scholarship of the highest quality and to outreach to the local and business community. The department provides an intellectual foundation for the appreciation and understanding of economic theory and policy. This foundation is developed within a broader educational perspective that stresses the importance of imaginative thinking, free inquiry and the pursuit of life-long learning. In this way, the program prepares students with the economic literacy necessary to cope with the challenges inherent in a world of accelerating change.
Philosophy of the Programme
This program is designed to provide students with the general knowledge of Economics, the local and international economies and prepare them for a career in academia, financial industry and consultancies.
Kampala International University admits 3 times in a year; in December/January, March/April and August/September.
Step 1: Pick-up an application form from the Admissions office at any of our Campuses below:
– Admission office at Main Campus in Kansanga, Kampala.
– Western Campus in Bushenyi
– For international applicants in Kenya and Tanzania, visit our offices in Nairobi and Tanzania.
– For other countries, visit the KIU Liaison Offices.
– Alternatively, download an application form from KIU website: Download It Here which can be filled and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Click on the link to complete the online application: https://admissions.kiu.ac.ug (a scanned copy of the admission letter will be sent to your email, and once the application has been approved, the original copy will be collected from our Main campus in Kansanga (Admissions Office-Online Desk)
The application fee is 50,000Ug.shs for both Ugandans and International students (non-Ugandans). For online applicants, the application fee is paid to the Finance Office when you report collecting the original admission.
Step 2: Complete the application forms clearly and enclose or attach the following:
– 3 photocopies of each ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level Secondary school result slips or equivalent [Diploma and Bachelor Degree] and three certified copies of transcripts of Bachelor and Master Degrees [postgraduate degrees].
– A photocopy of a receipt for payment for the application form.
– 3 recent passport size photographs.
– Photocopies of Birth Certificate/ National ID/ Passport
Step 3: Submit a fully completed form with the required attachments to the following addresses:
– By physical submission – kindly return form and attachments to the Admission office.
– By email – kindly send it to email@example.com.
– By post – kindly send to:
The Director of Admissions, Kampala International University
Tel: +256-041-266813, +256-392001816, +256-041-267634
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Financial risk analyst
– Data analyst
– Financial planner
– Economic researcher
– Financial consultant
– Investment analyst.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students: $649
Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students = 2,410,600 UGX
Tuition Fees for International Students = 5,714,628 UGX
**The Kampala International University reserves the right to change fees without prior notice. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.