By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$2,670 /year|
|Applications Begin:||March 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)|
|Start Date:||February 2022|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||30 June 2021|
The BCom (Economic Sciences) programme offers you a relatively free choice of modules. It is also possible within this programme to focus on a specific area of study, called a focal area. The objective of focal areas is to help you choose a specific career focus within the BCom (Economic Sciences) programme.
The focal area is not a programme, and the module combination is only a recommendation for you to make more focussed module choices.
Theory of Interest 152(6)
Actuarial Science 112(8)
Mathematics 114(16), 144(16)
Probability Theory and Statistics 144(16)
Business Management 113(12), 142(6)
Economics 114(12), 144(12)
Financial Accounting 188(24)
Information Systems 112(6)
Statistics 214(16), 224(16), 244(16)
Mathematical Statistics 214(16), 245(8), 246(8)
Economics 214(16), 244(16)
Economics 281(32) or
Transport Economics 214(16), 244(16)
Economics 318(24), 348(24)
Economics 388(24) or
Transport Economics 318(24), 348(24)
– Overall National Senior Certificate average of at least 65%, excluding Life Orientation
– Mathematics 60%
– One of the following:
– Afrikaans Home Language 50% or
– English Home Language 50% or
– Afrikaans First Additional Language 60% or
– English First Additional Language 60%
All the undergraduate programmes in the Faculty have the same application procedure and closing date, unless otherwise specified (see the relevant programme entries for more information):
– Apply electronically at www.maties.com in the year before your intended studies. Applications open in March. Please note that for the Diploma in Sustainable Development, you must also complete a departmental application form.
– All applications close on 30 June, except for the Diploma and the Advanced Diploma in Public Accountability, which close 15 December.
– The closing dates mean that your application must be finalised and all documentation handed in by these dates. No applications that reach the University after the closing date will be accepted. In the case of the Diploma and the Advanced Diploma in Public Accountability, however, you may contact the programme coordinator to find out about late application.
International Students do not pay application fees.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for South African Students: $2,670
*South African students pay R44273 per year as tuition fees.
*Students from the Southern African Development Community (SADC) member countries, as well as Rwanda and Namibia, pay R60000 without an international tuition fee
The SADC member countries are Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
*Students from Africa (Non-SADC) pay R60000 plus international tuition fees of R23940
*Students from the rest of the World (outside of Africa) pay R60000 plus international tuition fees of R50700
MINIMUM COMPULSORY INITIAL FEE PAYABLE BEFORE REGISTRATION (SADC) – R60000
MINIMUM COMPULSORY INITIAL FEE PAYABLE BEFORE REGISTRATION (Africa) – R83940
MINIMUM COMPULSORY INITIAL FEE PAYABLE BEFORE REGISTRATION (Rest of the World) – R110700