By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
Why study a BDP degree course?
The Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies and Philosophy offers a unique and comprehensive combination of philosophical grounding for the issues of human development. It prepares graduates to help solve problems of contemporary society. Thus, graduates will be capable of offering not only technical skills but also the intellectual capacities to forge ideas and implement them.The degree prepares graduates to work in a demanding and diverse environment in which a deep appreciation of development and life issues is required in combination with analytical skills and flexibility to respond to the issues of the day in a robust way. It prepares the graduates to work and make informed life choices in an interdisciplinary environment and exercise the requisite decision making and leadership skills.
The following are the requirements for admission:
• KCSE (or equivalent examination) with a minimum aggregate of C+.Entrance ExaminationApplicants will be required to attend and pass an appropriate entrance examination which will include a Mathematics and English exam as well as an oral interview. Applicants should report to the university by 8.00am on the day of the interview and should bring along the following:
• 2 passport-size photographs• Original and photocopies of all relevant academic testimonials.
• A distinction in the Strathmore Entrance Exam
• Proven leadership skills in school & community and outstanding performance in extra-curricular activities are an added advantage.
NOTE: If the certificate you obtained in your country is not mentioned above, please message the “Course Contacts” and they will be able to answer all your questions.
Candidates will report to Strathmore University by 8 a.m (Tuesday and Thursday), when interviews are conducted, and bring the following:
– 2 Passport size photos
– Copy of ID or passport or birth certificate
– Copies and originals of academic, professional certificates including K.C.S.E results’ slip
– KShs. 2000 entrance examination fee
Graduates of this programme, can work as:
– Professionals in international organizations,
– public policy analysts,
– programme managers and staff,
– private sector professionals,
– business research officers,
– government professionals and leaders,
– private foundation professionals,
– youth development professionals
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees for International Students =
**The fees can be changed at anytime as decided by the school authorities.