By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
The Master of Science in Development Finance will deal with the main issues associated with the finance of the public and private sectors in developing and transitional economies.The intention is to provide essential skills which equip graduates for successful careers in public finance, bank and non-bank financial institutions, international finance organizations, aid agencies, academic and research institutions and NGOs.
The programme includes an analysis of both the formal and informal financial sectors, policies to promote financial inclusion, clients’ financial service needs, institutional design and financial reforms.
The MSc. Development Finance will also have a strong practice-oriented approach which will be reflected in the use of case studies.
The programme will also integrate practitioners into teaching and research, as well as an industry-oriented master’s dissertation. Further, the programme will aim at a broader level to promote service to society through the provision of quality academic and professional training, as well as human and moral training.
Students who go through the programme will be expected to have an enhanced commitment to the development agenda and public service.
It will also aim to provide the most suitable means to improve the moral, social and economic conditions of the person and of society as a whole which is in line with the University’s broader vision.
Strathmore Business School after realizing that there was a shortage of development finance experts in Africa and the world in general, partnered with Africagrowth Institute (AGI) to develop MSc in Development Finance.
Practitioners and non-practitioners in both public and private sectors who are keen on acquiring skills and knowledge to contribute to and transform both the financial and non-financial sectors in Africa and beyond.
The following can apply among other practitioners,
– Development Finance Practitioners,
– Civil Servants,
– The staff of Development Finance Institutions,
– The staff of Other Financial Institutions, Banks, Entrepreneurs, accountants,
– The staff of NGOs,
– Staff in the Private Sector among others.
Programme Benefits and Outcomes
By the end of the programme, the learner should be able to:
– Describe how international business is carried out and its importance in development.
– Design research that will contribute to development.
– Appraise tools and methods used in development finance.
– Apply strategies in the private and public sector that promote sustainable development.
– Apply ethical practices in evaluating governance issues, regulations and conduct of activities relating to development finance.
– Develop the ability to progress to higher-level degrees such as PhD
Why choose the Masters in Finance Programme?
– Accessibility to our top and leading local and visiting international faculties who combine both cutting-edge academic research with extensive industry knowledge and experience.
– MSc. Development Finance will strengthen your foundation in finance by applying the latest frameworks and techniques to increase your analysis of and financial decision making.
– It will enhance you to develop global capabilities in addressing challenges through a unique combination of international and local content and case studies.
– Visit leading financial institution and engage with practitioners and non-practitioners to develop and grow your networks.
– Academic excellence, learn from our highly respected faculty who are experienced practitioners who consult to financial institutions, corporations and government agencies.
– An outstanding reputation, Strathmore Business School has been consistently ranked as the top Business School in Kenya and one of the best in Africa.
After graduation, students will qualify for the Chartered Development Finance Analyst (CDFA) membership which is awarded by Chartered Institute of Development Finance.
– Holders of a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Commerce, Accounting, Finance or other related degrees with sufficient quantitative background or;
– Holders of other non-finance related disciplines that are acceptable by the Academic Council with at least 2 years of work experience in finance-related work with a good quantitative background.
Applicants will also be required to attend and pass an oral interview and a Graduate Entrance Examination (GEE).The focus of the entrance examination is verbal, critical reasoning and quantitative analysis which are key attributes required for success in development finance.
A valid Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) with a score of at least 500 may be used instead of the GEE, as long as it has been done within two years before applying for the MSc. Development Finance.
NOTE: If the certificate you obtained in your country is not mentioned above, please message the “Course Contacts” and they will be able to answer all your questions.
Upon receipt and review, a graduate entrance exam will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time. Successful completion of this will result in an offer letter being issued to you. Email: email@example.com
Some career opportunities for this programme include:
– Financial Planner
– Financial Analyst
– Investor Relations Associate
– Budget Analyst
– Credit Analyst
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $4,712
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = Kshs 519,377
Tuition Fees for International Students =
**The fees can be changed at anytime as decided by the school authorities.