By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in Design|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Arts and Design|
|Application Deadline:||30 September 2020|
Design is an accelerating factor which plays an important role side by side with productivity and management.
The aims and objectives of the four year Bachelor of Arts degree course in design are based on professional education for national development. Design education entails making the students aware of the economic, commercial, industrial and technological factors on design activities. Among others, professional design education include:
– Promotion of interdisciplinary integration of artistic, scientific, socio-political, environmental and technological knowledge.
– Creativity in problem-solving processes in areas pertaining to human communication and needs.
– Encouraging and promoting research.
– The awareness of the role and need for team work with production, management, and other decision-makers.
– Attainment of professional standards, skills and draftmanship.
– Taking into account national objectives of education and economic development such as visual communication and literacy, culture, self -technological needs and trends.
The first year of the B.A. in Design course is general and introductory in nature. The second and third year courses place a greater emphasis on design theory and studio courses. During the fourth year of the course, students are required to major in either two dimensional or three dimensional areas of design.
– Each academic year shall be divided into two semesters.
– No candidate shall be admitted to an examination unless he/she has satisfactorily attended the prescribed course of study.
– Examinations shall consist of written papers, projects, studios and portfolios.
– One course unit shall be equivalent to 45 Contact Hours.
– All course units, except projects, studios and portfolios, shall be examined during the semester in which they are taken. Such examinations shall consist of continuous assessment, course tests and end of semester examinations. The end of semester examinations shall account for 70% of the total marks, while continuous assessment shall account for 30%. All studio and portfolio examination shall be conducted at the end of the academic year in which they are taken and shall be equivalent to six course units.
– Research projects shall be examined at the end of the academic year and shall be equivalent to four course units.
– The Pass Mark for each Course Unit shall be 40%.
Anyone with qualifications in any one of the categories below is eligible for the degree course:
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Industrial designer
– Graphic designer
– Interior designer
– Fashion designer
– User experience designer
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees per year for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 4 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
– Third year =
– Fourth year =
International Students pay 25% more than the Kenyan Students.