By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Dental Surgery|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||College of Health Sciences|
|Campus:||Kenyatta National Hospital Campus|
|Application Deadline:||30 September 2020|
– The course leading to the Degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery shall be full time for minimum period of not less than five (5) years and maximum period of not more than ten (10) academic years.
– An academic year shall be 36 weeks and each course unit shall be 45 hours.
– The degree program shall be by course work, clinical work, practical, seminars, tutorials, a research project and in some course units e-learning.
– All courses for the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S) program shall be compulsory except in cases of credit transfer as stipulated by the regulations of the school of Dental sciences which govern credit transfer as is stipulated in (section 4)
– A candidate shall enrol for all course units covered in each year, except in special cases approved by Senate on recommendation of the School Board and College Academic Board.
– In special circumstances, a student shall be discontinued on medical grounds if Senate shall find him/her unfit to qualify as a dental surgeon.
– A candidate exceeding the prescribed maximum duration of the course without valid reason shall be discontinued.
3.1 Candidates for admission must satisfy the general University of Nairobi admission criteria of a mean grade C+ in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E). A minimum C+ Grade pass will be mandatory in each of the cluster subjects.
3.2 The cluster subjects for Bachelor of Dental Surgery in K.C.S.E are as follows:
– Physics or Mathematics
– English or Kiswahili
3.3 In addition to (3.2) above, eligibility for consideration for admission into the Module II Degree Program in the School of Dental Sciences shall be governed by the following admission requirements, outlined under each catchment category:
3.4 Advanced level holders should have at least:-
Two principal level passes and one subsidiary in Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE), Grade 5 and above in International Baccalaureate (IB), three principal level passes in GCE or equivalent level of education in the following subjects:-
– General paper.
3.5 Kenya Certificate of Education(KCE) and Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum ‘O’ level division II Pass or C+ mean grade in KCSE in addition to three year diploma from a Medical Training Institution recognized by the University of Nairobi Senate in either of the following disciplines:
– Dental Technology
– Dental Surgery Assistant
– Dental Hygiene,
– Community Oral Health,
– Clinical Medicine
– Laboratory Technology
– Technology, Nursing, or any other equivalent disciplines.
3.6 In addition applicants shall be expected to be working in the relevant field of their training at the time of application.
3.7 Holders of Degrees in any of the Science subjects from the University of Nairobi or equivalent degrees from institutions recognized by Senate of the University of Nairobi.
3.8 International students from non-English speaking countries shall provide evidence of competence in English language by producing test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) certificate or its equivalent.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
BDS graduates can take up careers as dentists in public or private health institutions, oral healthcare product managers in dentally allied manufacturing companies or teaching at universities and colleges.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students = 474,500 KES
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 569,400 KES
**This programme will be completed with fees per year as follows:
– First year = 474,500 KES
– Second year = 469,500 KES
– Third year = 469,500 KES
– Fourth year = 469,500 KES
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.