By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$827 /year|
|Applications Begin:||August 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Counseling Psychology|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Social Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
An undergraduate degree in psychology can either be used to transition into a Master’s/Doctoral program or to meet the degree requirements often found in private business and government employment sectors. In other words, if the job requires a bachelor’s degree, this will suffice.
For the most part, society views a person with a Bachelor’s in Psychology as having certain insights and business acumen with regards to human thought and behavior. The positions available in most every public or private institution will be entry-level, and one may or may not be able to rise to higher pay scales and levels of responsibility.
– KCSE mean grade of C Plus (C+)
– C (Plain) plus Diploma in Counseling Psychology / Education or any other related discipline.
– C (Plain) plus P1 or Diploma in Counseling Psychology / Education or any other related fields.
**Application forms can be downloaded from www.mku.ac.ke or collected from the school campuses/ marketing centres. Duly filled application forms should be addressed to the Registrar – Academic Administration.
The following Documents should be made available:
– Copies of all academic certificates including secondary school certificates, Bachelors, Diplomas & Certificate level transcripts and certificates.
– One (1) recent passport size photograph (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of national I.D/Passport.
Application fee is as follows:
– a) Kshs 1000 for Certificate, Diploma and under- graduate programs for the East African applicants. USD 50 for the Non-East African Applicants.
– Kshs 2000 for Postgraduate programmes for East African Applicants. USD 100 for Non-East African Applicants.
Application for admission does not guarantee admission into the University for course applied for; this will be subject to fulfilment of all requirements and class size as approved by the University Senate.
The department offers programmes that prepares counseling psychologists for public and private practice, participation in NGO programmes, community development and self-employment
SPECIFIC WORK ENVIRONMENTS INCLUDE;
– Learning Institutions
– Primary Schools
– Secondary schools
– Tertiary colleges
– Non- Governmental Organizations
– Rehabilitation centers
– VCT Centers
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan and East African Students: $827
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = Kshs 91,100
Tuition Fees for International Students = Kshs 109,200
Students from Countries in the East African Community (EAC), pay the same amount as Kenyan Students. The six countries in the East African Community include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
– All international students (Non East African) are to pay additional (statutory fee, quality assurance & tuition fee) of 20% above the normal fee.
– The university fees payment can also be done in easy instalments within the semester. The instalments are as follows: 30% upon registration, 30%- second instalment, 20%-third instalment 20% – fourth instalment.