By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
Computer Technology is essential to the effective operations of industry and commerce from large multinational organizations through to small companies. Programmed and programmable systems are now common place in both industry and commerce with substantial growth forecast world wide.Programmable systems require a broad knowledge of software techniques.
This degree is designed to equip students with knowledge of software, data communications and the foundations of electronic systems along with microprocessor design and programming languages. The course is designed to equip graduates for entry into the computing industry as computer systems designers, engineers and integrators.
Emphasis is placed on both the hardware and software aspects of computing, giving an integrated view of computers as systems in a way found in few other courses. Graduates will have a flexible approach to problem solving through an appreciation of the interface between hardware and software in computer or other digital system.
– Practically based using industry_standard hardware and software
– Opportunity to combine hardware knowledge with software development skills
– Committed to keeping abreast of latest technologies
– Supported by excellent learning and computer laboratory facilities
– The program offers you the opportunity to understand the mathematical and technological foundations of software
K.C.S.E; Aggregate C+ and average grade C+ in one of the following subject combinations:a.Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry b.Mathematics, Physical Science, Biological Science
Diploma in Computer Technology, Computer Science, Information Technology, or in any other relevant diploma with a credit pass from an Institution recognized by the Senate.
Any other qualifications deemed by the Senate to be equivalent to the above.
How to Apply
Application Requirements for qualified students:
– A dully filled registration form – to be obtained from the offices/website upon payment of non-refundable fee.
– Two passport size photos.
– Copies of relevant certificates
Applications for the courses are on official application forms.
1. click to download JKUAT IT Department application form. or obtain a hand-copy from the office.
2. Pay a non-refundable application fee as follows:
– Certificates: Kshs500
– Diplomas: 1000
– Degrees: Kshs1,500
– Masters: 1,500
Bank Account Numbers:
– Standard Chartered Bank Account number 0108023434900
– Barclays Bank Account Number 0775001216
– Co-operative Bank of Kenya Account Number 01129098952900
– National Bank Account Number 0100359580600
– Equity Bank Account Number 0090291251426
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Application analyst
– Applications developer
– Cyber security analyst
– Data analyst
– Database administrator
– Forensic computer analyst
– Game designer
– Games developer.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan and East Africa Community Students: $1,657
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = Kshs182,413
Tuition Fees for International Students = Kshs218,895
**EAC (East African Community) Students pay the same amount as Kenyan students. Countries in the East African Community include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
NOTE: The tuition fees charged, may vary from programme to programme and from time to time, with foreign students paying 20% more that the Kenyan students.