By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,454 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Computer Security and Forensics|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Science, Engineering and Technology|
|Application Deadline:||May 2021|
The main goal of the programme is to provide students with an in-depth understanding and technical knowledge of how information security functions in an organisation and digital forensics tools. In the process of learning, students interact with IT forensics tools and get tested on real life situations. The programme is aimed at providing students with a combination of knowledge, hands-on experience, and application of theory to computer security. The program keeps pace with changing technology and related business practices by offering courses in areas such as systems analysis, Web applications,several programming languages, computer forensics, data warehouse, cloud computing, security laws and graphical user interface design. The curriculum emphasizes quantitative and communications skills as well as providing a foundation in technology security and business environments. The graduates are expected to qualify for employment as entry-level computer software applications engineers, computer and information systems managers, computer systems analysts, network systems professionals and computer systems software engineers, computer/IT security expert, data security, information security.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of the program, a graduate of computer security and forensics should have skills to perform the following tasks:
a)Safe utilization of all technological tools for society development.
b)Offer training, end user support and consultancy services on computer security & forensics.
c)Develop customized home grown computer security & data security solutions.
d)Manage the technological tools concerned the security issues.
Minimum Admission Requirement
KCSE C+ (plus) with C (plain) in Mathematics; OR Diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology or its equivalent with credit pass.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
1. An official translation of academic records (where language of study is not English)
2. A current financial guarantee letter
3. A completed immigration pass form (2 forms enclosed)
4. Academic document equation fee
5. A copy of Passport
NOTE: If the certificate you obtained in your country is not mentioned above, please message the “Course Contacts” and they will be able to answer all your questions
How to Apply
**DOWNLOAD & PRINT Application Forms OR OBTAIN Application Forms from the Office of the Registrar (Academic Affairs)
**Duly completed forms should be returned to any of the below offices with non-refundable fee as follows:
– Undergraduate – Kshs. 1,000
– Postgraduate – Kshs. 1,500
Official Kabarak University Bank Accounts / Accepted Payment Means:
– Standard Chartered Bank – 01040-943637-01 Nakuru;
– Trans National Bank – 0040503005 Nakuru;
– Kenya Commercial Bank – 1109663161 Nakuru;
– Equity Bank – 0310294445167 Nakuru Kenyatta Avenue.
– New students – M-PESA paybill /Business number 511480- Enter your National ID Number as account number.
– Continuing students only – MPESA PayBill /Business number 983100 – Enter your Registration Number as Account number. e.g CM/M/1234/01/17 NB. Confirm that all details are correct.
Select “Pay Bill” from M-pesa menu.
Enter Kabarak University business number 983100
Enter your Full Student Admission Number as account number e.g CM/M/1234/01/16.
Enter the amount you wish to pay.
Enter your M-pesa PIN
Confirm that all details are correct
You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS. Paying your Fees with M-PESA (Continuing Students Only)
Paying through M-Pesa by Non Students
– Select “Pay Bill” from M-pesa menu.
– Enter Kabarak University business number 511480
– Enter your Name or ID Number as account number.
– Enter the amount you wish to pay.
– Enter your M-pesa PIN
– Confirm that all details are correct
– You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
No application is valid unless the appropriate application fee has been paid. Application forms can be accessed through an online application or downloaded.
The following documents should be attached to the application form:
– Copies of certificates and all transcripts
– Two (2)recent passport size photographs (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of national ID/Passport or Birth Certificate
Additional Requirements for International Students:
– An official translation of academic records (where language of study is not English)
– A current financial guarantee letter
– A completed immigration pass form (2 forms enclosed)
– Academic document equation fee
– A copy of Passport
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Computer Forensics Investigator
– Computer Forensics Technician
– Information Security Analyst
– Information Systems Security Analyst
– Forensic Computer Analyst
– Security Consultant.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $1,454
Tuition fees per year for Kenyan Students = KES 160,000
Tuition fees per year for International students = KES 160,000
– The University reserves the right to adjust fees from time to time.
– The Tuition fees does not include charges for other requirements such as medical examination, caution money, identity card, graduation etc