By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$793 /year|
|Applications Begin:||May 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS) degree combines a solid core of Computer Science courses with the ability to gain substantial depth in another area through a required minor in a second subject.
As computing is a discipline with strong links to many fields, this provides students with unparalleled flexibility to pursue allied or non-allied interests.
Today`s technologies and systems change require people of wider knowledge base therefore, the course is not limited on programming alone but students given the insight into the practical issues of building and maintaining systems by participating in intensive project-oriented courses.
This curriculum has been developed in accordance with the new competency-based learning approach because of the high demand for Computer Science personnel who can integrate knowledge, skills, and positive attitude in their profession.
To be admitted for the Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS) degree, a candidate must satisfy the general minimum entrance requirements of Kampala International University. This course is designed for students who meet the following minimum requirements.
– Candidates MUST have done Mathematics and scored at least principal pass in the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent.
– AT LEAST two principal passes at the same sitting in Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) in any of the following subjects: – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agriculture and Technical Drawing.
– Diploma in Computer Science from a recognized institution. Holders of CCNA Certificates and CCNP
Kampala International University admits 3 times in a year; in December/January, March/April and August/September.
Step 1: Pick-up an application form from the Admissions office at any of our Campuses below:
– Admission office at Main Campus in Kansanga, Kampala.
– Western Campus in Bushenyi
– For international applicants in Kenya and Tanzania, visit our offices in Nairobi and Tanzania.
– For other countries, visit the KIU Liaison Offices.
– Alternatively, download an application form from KIU website: Download It Here which can be filled and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Click on the link to complete the online application: https://admissions.kiu.ac.ug (a scanned copy of the admission letter will be sent to your email, and once the application has been approved, the original copy will be collected from our Main campus in Kansanga (Admissions Office-Online Desk)
The application fee is 50,000Ug.shs for both Ugandans and International students (non-Ugandans). For online applicants, the application fee is paid to the Finance Office when you report collecting the original admission.
Step 2: Complete the application forms clearly and enclose or attach the following:
– 3 photocopies of each ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level Secondary school result slips or equivalent [Diploma and Bachelor Degree] and three certified copies of transcripts of Bachelor and Master Degrees [postgraduate degrees].
– A photocopy of a receipt for payment for the application form.
– 3 recent passport size photographs.
– Photocopies of Birth Certificate/ National ID/ Passport
Step 3: Submit a fully completed form with the required attachments to the following addresses:
– By physical submission – kindly return form and attachments to the Admission office.
– By email – kindly send it to email@example.com.
– By post – kindly send to:
The Director of Admissions, Kampala International University
Tel: +256-041-266813, +256-392001816, +256-041-267634
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– IT consultant
– Cybersecurity consultant
– Information systems manager
– Database administrator
– Multimedia programmer
– Systems analyst
– Games developer
– Technical writer.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students: $793
Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students = 2,924,000 UGX
Tuition Fees for International Students = 4,502,985 UGX
**The Kampala International University reserves the right to change fees without prior notice. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.