By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$21,762 /year|
|Applications Begin:||April 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Sciences and Engineering|
|Application Deadline:||October 2021|
The computer science program at AUC graduates a computer scientist who, within few years of graduation, fulfills societal needs, with consideration to ethical and environmental issues, in one or more of the following roles:
1- A professional team member in a multidisciplinary environment, local or global.
2- A distinguished member of computing field through promotion, or professional development.
3- A successful member of an advanced academic or research organization.
4- A successful entrepreneur.
Program Learning Outcomes
The program enables students to achieve the following outcomes, by the time of graduation:
(a) An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline;
(b) An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution;
(c) An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs;
(d) An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal;
(e) An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues and responsibilities;
(f) An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
(g) An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society;
(h) Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in continuing professional development;
(i) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practices;
(j) An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modelling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices;
(k) An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
The course of study offers a broad-based intellectual engagement with computing both in theory and practice as well as logic and capabilities. The theoretical ground, abstraction, design as well as the professional practice levels (technical competence, team work, problem solving and communication skills), social and ethical contexts of the discipline of computing are well integrated into the curriculum that the department offers.
The study program is designed to prepare students for a wide variety of careers. The most profound positions that our graduates are well prepared to occupy (or have already been engaged in) may be classified into the following professional disciplines: Software Engineering, Systems Design and Programming, Applications design and programming and Information-Systems design and analysis. The program also prepares students for further studies and research in the computing field.
A total of 132 credits is required for a bachelor’s degree in computer science:
The American University in Cairo seeks students who have distinguished themselves in a meaningful way and who show considerable academic performance. The University also considers applicants’ personal achievements outside the classroom, as demonstrated by sustained participation, commitment and leadership in school and community activities.
To qualify for admission, applicants must complete all secondary school graduation requirements, maintain a high level of academic performance and submit all required documents before the set deadlines. Having the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee admission to the University, but rather ensures entry to the selection process.
HOW TO APPLY
1- Submit the online application form. (Application is available online only). The application can be renewed from the fall to the spring semester of the same academic year only. A new application should be submitted for a new academic year.
2- Fulfill the requirements of your secondary school certificate. The most common secondary school certificates accepted by AUC are listed below. The minimum cut-off scores for each certificate may change from one semester to another according to University requirements. Having the minimum academic requirements does not grant you an offer of a place but rather ensures entry to the selection process.
– Thanawiya Amma
– German Abitur
– IGCSE/GCSE/GCE British Certificate
– International Baccalaureate
– French Baccalaureate
– American High School Diploma
– Canadian Certificates
– Other Certificates
1. Late submission of admission credentials decreases your chances of declaring science and engineering majors because places in these programs are limited.
2. Check that you have fulfilled all the University’s language requirements, as demonstrated by your TOEFL/IELTS scores.
– Results of the TOEFL/IELTS exams may be sent directly to the admissions office. AUC’s code number is 0903
– Both tests should be completed no more than two years prior to the first day of the term for which you are applying for admission
– English placement depends on your TOEFL/IELTS test scores
– Students who believe their placement in the ELI is not appropriate for their level of English proficiency are encouraged to re-take the TOEFL or IELTS. AUC does not offer “exemption” exams of any kind
– The deadline to submit improved English placement test scores is the last working day before the first day of classes each semester
3. Check that you have submitted all required documents by the set deadlines. Your application and a final admission decision will be pending the submission of all these documents. Applications submitted after the set deadlines will be considered according to space availability.
4. Provisional Admission: AUC considers the most academically qualified applicants for provisional admission if they earned excellent grades or submitted the necessary documents prior to the set deadlines.
5. Final acceptance will be given after submitting your final transcript and proof of graduation by or before the assigned deadlines.
About the Application Deadlines:
**Spring Semester (American system) which begins in January and ends in early May, has as Undergraduate Application Deadline October 1, 2020.
**Fall Semester (American system) which starts in late August and ends in late December, has as Undergraduate Application Deadline March 1, 2021.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– IT consultant
– Cybersecurity consultant
– Information systems manager
– Database administrator
– Multimedia programmer
– Systems analyst
– Games developer
– Technical writer.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Egyptian Students: $21,762
**Tuition Fee per year for Egyptian Students: 345,903 EGP ($21,351)
**Tuition Fee per year for International Students: 392,950 EGP ($24,255)
– The tuition rate is based on a flat rate of $647 for Egyptian students per credit hour and $735 for international students per credit hour.
– Tuition fees for Egyptian students may be paid in Egyptian pounds according to CIB (Commercial International Bank) exchange rate on the day of payment. Tuition fees for international students must be paid in US dollars.
– Tuition fees are collected each semester. No student with an outstanding bill (including charges for breakage or library fines) will be admitted to any examination, given any certificate or report of academic standing, or be permitted to register for a subsequent semester.