By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$390 /year|
|Final Award:||Diploma in Computer Science and Information Technology|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The Diploma in Computer Science and Information Technology provides students with a strong foundation in developing robust application systems for businesses, computer assembly repair and maintenance; and website design.
Students are equipped with essential knowledge about Information Systems processes and provided with the technical skills required to harness the power of information and Internet technologies.
The following are the objectives of the Diploma in Computer Science and Information Technology:
– To educate and train students in the fundamentals of Computer Science and Information Technology in order to analyse and solve computing problems
– To build the capacity with practical orientation needed to link the Computing sector with Government and Industry under the broader perspective of Information and Communication Technology
– To prepare professionals with knowledge in ethical and legal issues as well as the interpersonal skills required to effectively promote ideas, goals, or products
– To prepare graduates with the knowledge and skills to pursue further studies in Computer Science, Information Technology and other related disciplines
– To equip students with the technical skills required to design, troubleshoot and maintain computer networks and hardware
– To impart practical skills to students in database, computer programming and web technology principles
– A candidate must have obtained:
a) At least five (5) passes at the Uganda Certificate of Education or its equivalent at the same sitting;
b) At least one (1) principal pass and two (2) subsidiary passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
– A candidate must have obtained a Second Class Certificate at the Foundation Programme.
Application is done Online at : https://cavendish.ac.ug/student-application-form
Career Opportunities for this programme include:
– Software Developer
– Database Administrator
– Computer Hardware Engineer
– Computer Systems Analyst
– Computer Network Architect
– Web Developer
– Information Security Analyst
– Computer and Information Research Scientists
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students: $390
Tuition Fees per year for Ugandan Students = 1,443,000 UGX
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 1,513,958 UGX
** The annual tuition is an addition of the fees for each of the two semesters 721,500 UGX (Ugandans) and 200 USD (International Students)
**Students who pay in advance will be have a 5% discount.