By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$380 /year|
|Applications Begin:||February 2021|
|Final Award:||Diploma in Community HIV/AIDS Care and Management|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Medicine|
|Application Deadline:||May 2021|
Being diagnosed with HIV/AIDS can be devastating and often times counseling is required.
As an HIV/AIDS healthcare giver you’ll help these patients cope with this extremely difficult situation. There are a variety of professions that fall under this umbrella and professional requirements differ for each.
– Credit in English and Mathematics at O’level
– A recognized professional qualification in health and/or social care e.g. clinical medicine, nursing, midwifery, social works, counselling, medicine & surgery
– Registration with the professional body, where applicable
– Evidence of currency in practice with a minimum working experience of 6 months
– Evidence of a plan to apply the acquired knowledge and skills in his/her area of service to improve the quality of care
How to Apply
1. Go to https://applications.must.ac.ug
2. If you don’t have an Access Code, click “Click here to get an Access Code”, fill in the form and submit. An Access Code will then be sent to your email and phone number. If you already have an Access Code, proceed to step 3.
3. Enter you email address and Access Code that has been sent to your phone number to login
4. Select the application category i.e. Direct Entry and click “Apply Now”
5. Fill in the application form and submit
6. Click “Pay for Form” to generate a payment reference number to be used for paying application fees in the bank
7. If you’re a degree or diploma holder, Click “Print Form” and attach the printed form to the hard copies of certified academic and other the supporting documents and mail the hard copies to the University or submit it to any of the liaison offices
8. Go to the bank and pay the application fees using the payment reference number generated in “Step 6”
Applicants should note that;
i. All academic documents presented must be from an accredited institution
ii. Cases of Impersonation, Falsification of Documents or giving false/incomplete information whenever discovered will lead to Automatic cancellation of Admission.
iii. Completed Applications must be accompanied with certified copies of academic documents
iv. Detailed information about the specific entry requirements for each programme can be obtained from the university website, http://registrar.must.ac.ug/downloads, or contact the Academic Registrar’s office.
v. Applicants whose first language is not English or did not go through an education system with English as a medium of instruction will be required to provide evidence from a recognized English language training institution that they have sufficient command of English language to cope with the programmes.
Some career opportunities for this programme include:
– Mental Health Counselor
– Outreach Counselor
– Support Group Facilitator
– HIV Counselor
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students: $380
Tuition Fee per year for Ugandan Students = 1,400,000 UGX
Tuition Fee per year for International Students = 1,600,000 UGX
The Tuition fee per semester is = 700,000 UGX (Ugandan Students) and 800,000 UGX (Foreign Students)
**International Students pay double the amount of local students