By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,738 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Arts in Community Development|
|Start Date:||January 2022|
|Academic Unit:||School of Human and Social Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||November 2021|
Qualifications for admission to the Master of Arts in Community Development are/will be:
– An undergraduate or a higher degree in Community Development or related degrees from an accredited institution of higher learning, with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), or a degree awarded with an upper second class honours or a practical involvement, or with demonstrated commitment to and interest in community -oriented service.
– Applicants with a first degree in fields unrelated to development studies may be admitted but will be required to start with specified zero credit hours in community development. These courses are DEV-111 Introduction to Community Development, SOC-111 Introduction to Sociology, and PSY-111 Introduction to Psychology,
– Applicants from undergraduate community development programme will not be exempted from any course or have any credit transfers since this is an advanced level programme
– A born-again Christian
Daystar admission forms are collected from either Athi-River campus or the Nairobi campus. On completion, the form is handed back to the registrar office with a fee of KSh. 2,000 which is not refundable. Deadlines for the application are; 30th November, 30th April and 31st July for January, May and August intakes respectively. Other required documents are:
– Two recent passport size photos for Kenyan student and four for international students all having names at the back
– Secondary, post-secondary, university or college certificates.
– Financial Information Sheet (Foreign students need to include a financial letter from sponsor guaranteeing payment)
– Completed student information sheet and copy of your passport (For foreign students only).
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Advice worker.
– Community development worker.
– Community education officer.
– Family support worker.
– Probation officer.
– Social worker.
– Teaching assistant.
– Youth worker.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $1,738
*Tuition fees per year for Kenyan Students = 187,920KES
*Tuition fees per year for Foreign Students= 193,920KES
International Students pay an additional 6000KES (Day students), 8000KES (Boarding Students) of orientation fees to the normal tuition fees.
All fees for each semester are payable in advance or before the date of registration by bankers cheque or direct bank deposit. The University does not accept cash payments or money orders. In order to assist sponsors who cannot raise full fees, the University allows payment of tuition and hostel fees in four equal monthly instalments from the first day of the semester. Sponsors wishing to pay the fees by instalments must apply to the Finance Manager before the semester begins.