By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$921 /year|
|Applications Begin:||August 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies is intended to offer a chance to students who may want to pursue communication and media studies with either English or Literature.
This option will cater for Bachelor of Arts (General) students, who wish to be communicators. This option will tap into jobs that require somebody with a degree well-grounded in communication skills and not necessarily journalism.
Philosophy: Training in Communication Studies will produce communication experts for smooth running of organizations, institutions and the larger society.
Communication plays an important role in all aspects of life. In organizations, effective communication is crucial for the proper functioning of the organization. A large amount of communication must take place in the form of public relations and advertising.
Strategic communication could make the difference between performing and non-performing organizations. There is therefore need to train professionals in communication.
The goal of this programme is to produce graduates with a broad spectrum of expertise in communication, employable in diverse fields including media houses as producers and writers, and in organizations as communication experts and public relations officers.
Duration, Loading and Mode of Delivery
– Learners will have three optional structures in this course: 126.96.36.199. This means that in the first and second year, all learners will take two units from Communication, Literature and English. In years three and four, they will drop either Literature or English and specialize in communication and the remaining subject.
– The programme will be offered on a Full-Time, Evening and ODEL (open and distance learning) modes
– All candidates admitted to the programme must satisfy the minimum common entry requirements of Chuka University which is currently a mean Grade of C+.
– In addition, candidates must have obtained a minimum score of B-in English.
– Candidates who obtained 2 principals and a subsidiary at KACE may also be admitted.
– Candidates with a diploma in communication studies from institutions recognized by Chuka University may be admitted to the programme.
– Candidates holding qualifications equivalent to the above from institutions recognized by Chuka University Senate may be admitted.
Applications should be on official forms available at the University Main Campus at Chuka, Igembe Campus at Ntuene or Keigoi High School, Embu Campus in Embu Town, Chogoria Campus at Nturiri High School, Tharaka Campus at Gatunga High School, OR Website: www.chuka.ac.ke; A Non-refundable fee of KES 3000 for Phd programmes, KES 2,000 for degree and diploma programmes and KES 1000 for certificate courses will equally be deposited.
The following documents should be made available:
– Originals & a copy of all Transcripts, Diplomas or Certificates (All originals, where necessary, will be returned)
– One recent passport size photograph (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of the National Identity Card or Birth Certificate
– Preferred Campus should be indicated on the application form
– Certified copies of certificates and original fee payment receipt MUST be attached to the application form and returned latest two weeks prior to the commencement dates given for the programmes
Expected Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, the students should have learnt to:
– Create appealing strategic communications using various forms of media including television, radio, newspapers and internet
– Develop and implement communication needs for organizations.
– Conceptualize, create and deliver public presentations in diverse environments.
– Write and speak clearly for interpersonal, intrapersonal and organizational communication
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $921
Tuition fee per year for Kenyan Students = KES. 100,000
Tuition fee per year for International Students = KES 125,000
– The Institute reserves the right to change fees without prior notice. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.
– The University policy obliges students to pay the full amount of fees as required on the first day of reporting before they are registered.