By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Engineering|
|Application Deadline:||30 September 2020|
1. In interpreting the course codes, after FCE the first integer denotes the year of study. The second integer denotes as far as is possible, the subject area while the last integer denotes the semester in which the course is taught; 1 for the first and 2 for the second semester. Where the last integer is 0 it means that this is a course which is taught throughout the two semesters such as the Engineering Project in the fifth year of study.
2. Each semester course, with the exception of structural design, shall have a total of 45 contact hours including lectures and tutorials and shall comprise one course unit.
3. There shall be a practical assignment term lasting for eight weeks at the end of the third year of study.
Students shall complete the following course units:
– First Year, 15
– Second Year, 15
– Third Year, 14
– Fourth Year, 16
– Fifth Year, 15
Total = 75
These are the requirements for JAB selected candidates.
– Biology or
any group III
any group IV
any group V
Minimum entry grade is C+ in each of the required subjects but JAB decides the minimum entry requirement each year based on general performance in KSCE.
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Construction managers
– Geotechnical engineer
– Environmental engineer
– Public Health Engineer
– Transportation Engineer
– Urban planning engineer
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students = 184,700 KES
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 221,640 KES
**This programme will be completed with fees per year as follows:
– First year = 184,700 KES
– Second year = 179,700 KES
– Third year = 179,700 KES
– Fourth year = 179,700 KES
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.