By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$654 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Diploma in Business Management|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Commerce|
|Campus:||Nakuru Town Campus|
|Application Deadline:||October 2021|
Diploma in Business Management enables students to gain a clear understanding of various business disciplines (Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Insurance, Human Resource Management and Management Science). This enables then to related various functional areas in the organizations and appreciate the need for harmonizing the activities for various departments.
The diploma is a bridge to the degree progamme for many Kenyans who could not secure direct chance to a degree programme in Business. It is a market driven-course which equip students with managerial knowledge and skills that enable them to respond to the changing demand patterns in the market. A graduate who attains a credit or a distinction in the programme is eligible for credit transfer up to a maximum of 30% of total Credit Factors (CFs) in Business of Commerce degree programme.
By the end of the training the programme is expect to:
i). Equip graduate with proper managerial skills for effective management of various organizations.
ii). Enable graduates to effectively management resources at their disposal according to contemporary economic business management and technological trends.
iii). Enable graduates to carry out research with a view to finding solutions to contemporary problems affecting business management.
iv). Equip students with skills for careers in the public and private sector.
v). Prepare students for further studies in business field.
Course Structure and Duration.
i). The duration of the course is two (2) academic years comprisingof four (4) semesters of seventeen (17) weeks each.
ii). The course coding is four capital DIBM standing for Diploma in Business Management.
iii). The course borrowed from other programmes have codes that reflect those programmes.
iv). The abbreviation is followed by a set of four digits as follows:
1. The first digit zero (0) indicating a diploma programme
2. The second digit is either 1 or 2 denoting the year of course period
3. The third digit indicates the semester in which the course is offered i.e. 1 or 2
4. The last digit indicates the sequencing of the course i.e. 1,2,3.
All the examination of the university shall be conducted in accordance with university statutes stipulated in the university statute No xxvi
The grading system will be conducted in accordance with Egerton University statutes XXVIII.
To graduate with a bachelor of commerce, a student shall be required to take and pass all scheduled courses within stipulated time.
The Bachelors degree classification shall be in accordance with Egerton university statute programs statute XXVII
– The common University Admission criteria are applicable. In addition:
– The candidate must have obtained at least a mean grade of C (plain) at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) level or Division III at Kenya Certificate of Educate (KCE) or equivalent qualification.
– The candidate must have also obtained at least C- (Minus) in mathematics and at least a (C-) (Minus) in English or Kiswahili.
– Candidates with a mean grade of C (Plain) but have less than C- (Minus) in mathematics and English of Kiswahili can be admitted after bridging in the respective subjects.
– Candidates with a credit certificate in Business from an institution recognized by the Academic Board and having a mean grade of D+ or equivalent in their (KCSE) are also eligible for admission.
– Holders of Accounting Technical Certificate (ATC) final level are also eligible for admission.
Required Documents to be attached during Application include:
– Certified copies of your Result Slip, Certificates and Transcripts.
– ORIGINAL RECEIPT (Application Fee): KShs. 2,000 for ALL Degree Programmes and Kshs. 1,000 for all Undergraduate Diploma Programmes: Payable to; Account Name; Egerton University, Kenya Commercial Bank; Account No:1108550703.
– Copy of your National ID Card or Birth Certificate.
Online application procedure
– Simply complete the Egerton University Online Application form and upload all the necessary documents, so that it can be processed by the administrative department
– The application will be complete once all the necessary fees have been paid.
Offline Application Procedure
– An Application form can be downloaded through the school website: http://www.egerton.ac.ke/index.php/Dean-of-Students/application-forms-and-resgistration-forms.html
– The application form must be fully filled and the relevant academic documents attached. It must be returned to the admissions office of the university according to the deadline set by the admissions office.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Actuarial analyst
– Business adviser
– Business analyst
– Business development manager
– Chartered management accountant
– Corporate investment banker
– Data analyst.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan and East African Community Students: $654
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = Kshs. 72,000
Tuition Fees for International Students = Kshs. 93,600
EAC (East African Community) Students pay the same amount as Kenyan students. Countries in the East African Community include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
– Foreign students out of the East African Community pay 30% more that the Kenyan students.
– The University reviews tuition fees on a regular basis.