By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
The Diploma in Business Information Technology programme is designed to meet the increasing demand in the work place for IT professionals with a wide knowledge of business management, technical skills and the capacity to offer support in the implementation of IT-based solutions in business.The curriculum goes beyond material currently covered in Diploma, Higher Diploma and Graduate Diploma programmes in the common professional programmes in Kenya today. The course is made up of 21 modules and 60 contact hours carefully developed by IT experts. It focuses on issues surrounding development, implementation and management of Information Systems in competitive business environments.
Why Study DBIT?
– The curriculum is developed to meet the immediate needs of the Kenyan market, for IT professionals at the middle levels of organisations and those who want to enter the job market at the middle levels
– DBIT is relevant and well-focused towards the Bachelor of Business Information Technology at Strathmore University and equivalent degree programmes in other Universities
– Good backup for candidates pursuing non-IT courses who wish to change professions in future
– Is an added advantage to non-IT professionals who wish to acquire IT skills for their professional work
Goals of the Programme
– To develop a coherent and broad-based coverage of business information systems and the underlying technology to implement these systems information requirements and develop solutions from model professional and technical perspectives
– To prepare candidates to apply the principles learnt in the performance of their duties in the workplace
– To prepare candidates for progression to higher levels of education, notably to degree level
Programme Duration and Structure
The DBIT course is made up of eighteen (18) modules, each sixty (60) contact hours carefully developed by IT experts.
Each semester comprises of six (6) units.
The DBIT Course takes one (1) academic year, which is three (3) semesters
There are two intakes per year:
*January – full-time
*May – evening
• KCSE Aggregate C+ with a minimum of C in English Subsidiary Passes, and a minimum of 6 Credit Passes including Eng and Mathematics at KCE.
• IGCSE 6 credits including English and Mathematics and GCE 3 B’s* Exemptions and Credit Transfers are granted at the discretion of the Academic Council.*
Candidates awaiting KCSE results can provisionally apply using Mock Results.
NOTE: If the certificate you obtained in your country is not mentioned above, please message the “Course Contacts” and they will be able to answer all your questions.
Candidates will report to Strathmore University by 8 a.m (Tuesday and Thursday), during the period when interviews are conducted, and bring the following:
– 2 Passport size photos
– Copy of ID or passport or birth certificate
– Copies and originals of academic, professional certificates including K.C.S.E results’ slip
– KShs. 2000 entrance examination fee
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Database developers and administrators
– Data Management personnel
– Systems Support personnel
– System Analysts and Designers
– System Developers
– Network Administrators
– Network Support personnel
– Middle level Managers in IT departments
– IT Trainers
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees for International Students =
The fees can be changed at anytime as decided by the school authorities.