By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,199 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Business Information Technology|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Business and Economics|
|Application Deadline:||May 2021|
The general purpose of the program is to train and equip learners with knowledge and skills in Business Information Technology to enable them to provide expertise in the public or private sector organizations or pursue further studies in the field.
Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that graduates will be able to:
– Interpret fundamental IT concepts and apply the principles of Information Technology in modern organizations.
– Integrate the theory and practice of information technology with the fundamental principles of business management, financial management, operations management, strategic planning, and marketing.
– Examine the influences of technology on business operations, e-commerce and globalization of business.
– Identify the prevailing legal principles and ethical issues associated with information technology in the workplace.
– Appraise the principles and practices of database systems, information technology project planning, information systems and information security.
Minimum Admission Requirements is KCSE minimum Mean grade C+ with C in Mathematics and English
How to Apply
**DOWNLOAD & PRINT Application Forms OR OBTAIN Application Forms from the Office of the Registrar (Academic Affairs)
**Duly completed forms should be returned to any of the below offices with non-refundable fee as follows:
– Undergraduate – Kshs. 1,000
– Postgraduate – Kshs. 1,500
Official Kabarak University Bank Accounts / Accepted Payment Means:
– Standard Chartered Bank – 01040-943637-01 Nakuru;
– Trans National Bank – 0040503005 Nakuru;
– Kenya Commercial Bank – 1109663161 Nakuru;
– Equity Bank – 0310294445167 Nakuru Kenyatta Avenue.
– New students – M-PESA paybill /Business number 511480- Enter your National ID Number as account number.
– Continuing students only – MPESA PayBill /Business number 983100 – Enter your Registration Number as Account number. e.g CM/M/1234/01/17 NB. Confirm that all details are correct.
Select “Pay Bill” from M-pesa menu.
Enter Kabarak University business number 983100
Enter your Full Student Admission Number as account number e.g CM/M/1234/01/16.
Enter the amount you wish to pay.
Enter your M-pesa PIN
Confirm that all details are correct
You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS. Paying your Fees with M-PESA (Continuing Students Only)
Paying through M-Pesa by Non Students
– Select “Pay Bill” from M-pesa menu.
– Enter Kabarak University business number 511480
– Enter your Name or ID Number as account number.
– Enter the amount you wish to pay.
– Enter your M-pesa PIN
– Confirm that all details are correct
– You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
No application is valid unless the appropriate application fee has been paid. Application forms can be accessed through an online application or downloaded.
The following documents should be attached to the application form:
– Copies of certificates and all transcripts
– Two (2)recent passport size photographs (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of national ID/Passport or Birth Certificate
Additional Requirements for International Students:
– An official translation of academic records (where the language of study is not English)
– A current financial guarantee letter
– A completed immigration pass form (2 forms enclosed)
– Academic document equation fee
– A copy of Passport
A software architect is someone who spends a great deal of time building new software for a company. They are the important person that actually designs the inner workings of the software. The completed product could be anything from a game, a cell phone app, or even a company-wide accounting system. Additionally, according to many sources, including Information Week, this job is more in demand than practically any other business IT job out there.
Another great job in today’s business information technology market is QA manager. The QA manager is a sort of software engineer that oversees testing before the release of a completed product. The QA manager may oversee software being built for use within his or her own parent company or software strictly created for sales purposes. Either way, the use of a QA manager is an important quality control measure for any company involved with software production for itself or others
Systems and Network Administrator
A systems and network administrator focuses on maintaining the computer and network systems for a company. One day, job necessities may require the setup of a new operating system for the entire company. The next day’s work may consist of fixing a recurring glitch in the company’s network. Keeping the entirety of a company’s computer systems and networks running is what this important business IT job is all about.
Technology Business Analyst
The technology business analyst, or TBA is a sort of in-between for a company’s management and IT department. Although the finite duties to this job are many, in basic terms, the TBA assures that the needs of the company are met adequately when it comes to IT department contributions. Through constant evaluation, assessment, and communication with management, the successful TBA will direct IT operations to adapt to real-time business needs in all other areas of the company.
IT Support Specialist
Similar to a systems and network administrator, the IT support specialist is tasked with keeping the tech side of business up and running. The IT support specialist however, is typically at ground-level more often, working in cubicles and office spaces, with the office staff needing help. When the computer freezes, phones or internet stop working, or a printer just needs replacement, the IT support specialist will be the one to handle it in most cases.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $1,199
Tuition fees per year for Kenyan Students = KES 130,000
Tuition fees per year for International students = KES 130,000
– The University reserves the right to adjust fees from time to time.
– The Tuition fees does not include charges for other requirements such as medical examination, caution money, identity card, graduation etc