By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,897 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Commerce in Business Administration and Management|
|Start Date:||January 2022|
|Academic Unit:||School of Business and Economics|
|Application Deadline:||November 2020|
This programme aims at preparing students to become business administrators and managers in public and private organizations. It gives student the foundation they need for a career in business and management. The programme is designed to produce dependable, reliable, dedicated and efficient executives and entrepreneurs, capable of performing administrative duties with undoubted honesty.
The programme is broadly based and aims at developing the students into mature people who have the right relationship with God and the people around them, men and women who know themselves and who can use their talents and opportunities available in the environment to serve mankind. They will see the need to aim high and will want to improve their standards of performance, and their lives.
Thus, while aiming at being executives in management, accounting and other professional fields, they will be prepared through studying such subjects as theology, communication and natural science, to have a world view based on Christian principles and values. The courses will enable them to understand the African cultural heritage and will develop in them valuable attributes such as industry, diligence, dependability, integrity and faithfulness.
Specifically, the goals of the major are:
– to encourage the student to consider a business profession or career as a worthy means of serving God, country and self
– to challenge the student to practice Christian principles of integrity and honesty in the church and market place as an expression of his/her Christian commitment
– to prepare and equip the student to practice his vocation as a Christian business person in church, para church organizations, government, and private business
– to develop in the student a foundational understanding of the major areas of business administration and management, in accounting, management information in systems, computer applications, economics, statistics, management, marketing, human resource management and business law
– to provide the student with the necessary basic skills, knowledge, and methods for the successful practice of a business vocation; and
– to prepare the interested, capable student for post graduate studies in business.
Requirements for Graduation.
To graduate a student must complete a total of 133 hours: 30 hours of general courses, 57 hours or core commerce courses, 34 hours of Business Administration courses and 12 hours of electives.
Applicants for the Bachelor of Commerce must fulfil entry requirements that apply to all Daystar undergraduate students, i.e. (a minimum of C+ in KCSE, or 5 credits in IGCSE; or 2 principal pass in A level; or division 2 in GCE or 50% from other countries). In addition they must have obtained at least a Grade of C (plain) in Mathematics.
Daystar admission forms are collected from either Athi-River campus or the Nairobi campus. On completion, the form is handed back to the registrar office with a fee of KSh. 2,000 which is not refundable. Deadlines for the application are; 30th November, 30th April and 31st July for January, May and August intakes respectively. Other required documents are:
– Two recent passport size photos for Kenyan student and four for international students all having names at the back
– Secondary, post-secondary, university or college certificates.
– Financial Information Sheet (Foreign students need to include a financial letter from sponsor guaranteeing payment)
– Completed student information sheet and copy of your passport (For foreign students only).
Career opportunities for Bachelor of Commerce in Business Administration and Management include:
– Commercial Loan Officers
– City Managers
– Sales Managers
– Human Resources Managers
– Public Relations Specialist
– Advertising Executive
– Chief Executive Officer
– Financial Officer
– Market Research Analyst
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $1,897
*Tuition fees per year for Kenyan Students = 205,120KES
*Tuition fees per year for Foreign Students= 211,120KES
International Students pay an additional 6000KES (Day students), 8000KES (Boarding Students) of orientation fees to the normal tuition fees.
All fees for each semester are payable in advance or before the date of registration by bankers cheque or direct bank deposit. The University does not accept cash payments or money orders. In order to assist sponsors who cannot raise full fees, the University allows payment of tuition and hostel fees in four equal monthly instalments from the first day of the semester. Sponsors wishing to pay the fees by instalments must apply to the Finance Manager before the semester begins.