By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,897 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in Biblical and Religious Studies|
|Start Date:||January 2022|
|Academic Unit:||School of Arts and Humanities|
|Application Deadline:||November 2021|
The growing number of of Christians in Africa has out paced the leadership capacity in Churches and Christian Organizations. The Bible major exists to meet that need by providing training, primarily in biblical studies, for those involved in Christian ministry, for those preparing for further training at the masters level, for those preparing to teach Christian Religious Education in secondary schools, and for those preparing for work outside of professional Christian ministry but who desire a firm biblical background. The programme also requires studies in church history, world religions, and ethics so that students may think intelligently about their faith in the context of its history, the religious world around it, and its application to contemporary issues. Specifically, the goals of the major are:
– To equip students for involvement in full-time Christian ministry.
– To give students, who plan to work with non-Christian organizations, a strong biblical background.
– To enable students to supplement other majors with a strong biblical studies background.
– To prepare students for further study in seminary or other types of graduate schools. This degree may serve as a terminal programme.
– To prepare students to teach Christian Religious Education in secondary schools
– Final marks for all courses in this department, except Senior Paper/Project, Independent Study, and CHM 507 Christian Ministries Practicum, will be derived 70% from marks on the final exam and 30% from marks on continuous assessment items.
– Marks for Senior Paper & Independent Study will be derived 90% from the final exam/paper and 10% from continuous assessment items.
– Marks for CHM 507 Christian Ministries Practicum and Senior Project will be derived 60% from written assignments related to the project/practicum and 40% from final assessment by an on-site supervisor approved by the Department and the student’s teaching staff advisor at the University.
Minimum Entry Requirement
The minimum entry requirement shall be an overall grade of C+ for candidates taking KCSE or two (2) Advanced Level Principal passes, or 5 credits in IGCE of at least a C, or their equivalents for candidates coming from outside Kenya and those using different systems of education. This is, however, a minimum entry requirement and meeting it may not automatically entitle a candidate admission to the University. Those candidates with low grade at KCSE but have successfully completed a 2 year diploma at a recognized institution may be considered for admission to the undergraduate programme.
Daystar admission forms are collected from either Athi-River campus or the Nairobi campus. On completion, the form is handed back to the registrar office with a fee of KSh. 2,000 which is not refundable. Deadlines for the application are; 30th November, 30th April and 31st July for January, May and August intakes respectively. Other required documents are:
– Two recent passport size photos for Kenyan student and four for international students all having names at the back
– Secondary, post-secondary, university or college certificates.
– Financial Information Sheet (Foreign students need to include a financial letter from sponsor guaranteeing payment)
– Completed student information sheet and copy of your passport (For foreign students only).
Career opportunities for Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health include:
– Advice worker.
– Charity fundraiser.
– Civil Service administrator.
– Community development worker.
– International aid/development worker.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $1,897
*Tuition fees per year for Kenyan Students = 205,120KES
*Tuition fees per year for Foreign Students= 211,120KES
International Students pay an additional 6000KES (Day students), 8000KES (Boarding Students) of orientation fees to the normal tuition fees.
All fees for each semester are payable in advance or before the date of registration by bankers cheque or direct bank deposit. The University does not accept cash payments or money orders. In order to assist sponsors who cannot raise full fees, the University allows payment of tuition and hostel fees in four equal monthly instalments from the first day of the semester. Sponsors wishing to pay the fees by instalments must apply to the Finance Manager before the semester begins.