By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$559 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Applied Statistics|
|Start Date:||October 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Application Deadline:||September 2020|
The programme is structured to equip students with fundamental knowledge and skills in statistics to enable them to apply the knowledge gained to other subjects in their curricula and to enable them to work effectively after graduating as statisticians and researchers in government and the private sector.
– Elementary Statistics
– Mathematics I
– Study Skills & Business Communication
– Introduction to Information Technology and Applications
– Introductory Accounting
– Theories of Statistics I
– Mathematics II
– Databases and Database Systems
– Development Perspectives
– Theories of Statistics II
– Design of Experiments
– Sampling Theory and Survey Techniques
– Non parametric Statistical Methods and Techniques
– Time Series Econometrics and Index numbers
– Agricultural & Industrial Statistics
– Operations Research
– Statistical Methods of Econometrics
– Research Methods
– Field Attachment
– Multivariate Statistical Methods
– Monitoring and Evaluation of program
– Actuarial Statistics
Direct Entry Qualification
An applicant must hold at least two principal level passes and one subsidiary in Science Subjects in the Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (ACSE). If none of those two principal passes is in Advanced Mathematics, the applicant must have a subsidiary in Basic Applied Mathematics and a credit in Basic Mathematics at “O” level. OR
Equivalent Entry Qualification
• A diploma of at least Second Class level in Statistics or related subjects from a accredited Institution. OR
• Certificate in Applied Statistics of at least second class level from Mzumbe University, provided that the applicant has a total sum of at least 3.5 points from two principal subjects in Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (“A” Level).
Mature Age Entry Qualification
Applicants must be 25 years of age or older, in the year in which admission is sought and the applicant must have attended and passed tests in extra mural classes, residential courses or courses offered by the adult education centre or college recognized by an approved authority.
How to Apply
All applications are made through the University Online Application and Admission Portal (MUAAAP) available at admission.mzumbe.ac.tz. Please follow carefully the steps in the online application system. Before you go to online application system, make sure you have an email address and a mobile phone number.
Before proceeding with the application take note of following:
(a) An application with Foreign Secondary Certificates must be accompanied by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) Equivalence translations.
(b) Applications with Foreign Certificates (Equivalent Qualifications) must be accompanied by the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) Equivalence translations.
(c) Make payment of an application Fee, a Non-refundable TZS 10,000/=by following payment procedures after completing the Online Application and Admission System at admission.mzumbe.ac.tz
(d) Successful applicants will be notified through Mzumbe University Website, their system user accounts, email addresses and SMS through mobile phone number used during the application process.
Some Career Opportunities for Applied Statistics include:
– Actuarial analyst
– Civil Service fast streamer
– Data analyst
– Data scientist
– Financial risk analyst
– Investment analyst
– Market researcher
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian and EAC Students: $559
Tuition Fee per year for Tanzanian Students = 1,300,000 TZS
Tuition Fee per year for International Students = 5,785,500 TZS
**Students from Countries in the East African Community (EAC), pay the same amount as Tanzanian Students. EAC Countries include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
– In the Tuition Fee per year is included; Registration, tuition, examination, and library services
– Fees may be paid in two equal instalments, an instalment being due at the beginning of each semester prior to registration
– Fees once paid are not refundable
– The University reserves the right to change fees at any time
– Direct student fees have been bench-marked against Government rates, but sponsors may vary them according to their policies