By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in Applied Human Nutrition|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Agriculture|
|Campus:||Upper Kabete Campus|
|Application Deadline:||9 October 2020|
Advanced training and research in nutrition is necessary in order to address upcoming challenges and emerging issues in nutrition and health. There is an increasing demand on training in applied nutrition over the years. The M.Sc. programme is designed to help the trainees understand malnutrition and its consequences and methods of alleviating nutritional problems. The programme will, therefore, build capacity for the improvement of nutritional policy making in Kenya and other developing countries in African and other regions. The programme will offer practical training using appropriate data collected in Kenya and other African countries.
The objectives of the course are to:
– Provide students with abilities to assess community nutritional problems from a multi-disciplinary point of view, while applying information technology in suggesting/working out realistic and feasible intervention measures.
– Provide students with abilities to implement investigations in the field of applied nutrition and analyze, interpret and disseminate findings to the relevant stakeholders.
– Provide students with abilities to effectively use relevant nutrition tools and information to advocate for nutrition actions and influence policies.
– The degree programme shall comprise of ten core courses and two chosen from the four offered electives and a project.
– Each course unit is taught for 60 hours except for Applied Statistics and Computer Use, which will be two units and the project, which will be equivalent to four course units.
– The course shall cover a minimum of four semesters, and a maximum of 12 semesters of fifteen weeks each.
– Students shall take a minimum of two courses from semesters 1 and 2, and one course from semester 3.
– The project shall be chosen after completion of the taught courses and shall be chosen in consultation with the Department.
**The common regulations for the Masters degrees in all faculties shall apply.
**The following shall be eligible for admission:
– Holders of at least an upper second class honours degree or its equivalent qualification in BSc. Food Science, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences or Medical Sciences from University of Nairobi, or equivalent qualification from any other Institution recognized by the Senate.
– Holders of at least a Lower Second Class honours degree in the same disciplines as in 2.2 (i) from the University of Nairobi or from another Institution recognized by the Senate, but must show proof of academic advancement either through research and publication or postgraduate training.
– Pass degree with at least five years of experience and must show proof of academic advancement either through research and publication or postgraduate training.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Community Health Worker.
– Dietary Aide.
– Dietitian (with internship)
– Food Service Supervisor.
– Home Economist.
– Mental Health Worker.
– Nutritional Sales Consultant.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees per year for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 2 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.