By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$5,777 /year|
|Applications Begin:||April 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Commerce (MCom)|
|Start Date:||January 2022|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Commerce|
|Course Type:||Master by Coursework & Dissertation|
|Application Deadline:||31 October 2021|
The School of Economics offers a Masters specialising in Applied Economics in recognition of the need for a flexible programme structure which allows students to focus on research while choosing a curriculum best suited to their abilities and interests.
The aim is to equip students with essential research skills (both quantitative and writing skills) and knowledge in their chosen area of specialisation.
*The 120 credit dissertation weighting allows students to qualify for NRF funding
This programme comprises two compulsory courses‚ two optional courses and a dissertation (ECO5066W). Students taking ECO5046F or ECO5021F or ECO5020F are required to take ECO5011F Quantitative Methods for Economists prior to registering for these courses. A candidate will ordinarily complete the prescribed courses in the first year‚ and will be expected to complete the dissertation within the following year. The programme comprises 240 credits.
– An average of at least 65% in an Honours degree in Economics. Before admission to this stream of the programme, a candidate shall have completed quantitative courses in Econometrics at Honours level‚ or the equivalent.
– A candidate who has not completed these courses‚ or their equivalent‚ shall be required to complete these as preliminary work whilst registered as a candidate for the degree in addition to the prescribed courses.
– Applicants may be required to undertake a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test. Recommendation of acceptance is at the discretion of the Graduate Committee of the School of Economics.
How to apply
Postgraduate applications are only possible online and must be submitted at http://applyonline.uct.ac.za
If you need help in completing your application, or advice about your choice of programme, contact:
Tel: (021) 650-2128 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Admissions Office is located on Level 4, Masingene Building, Middle
Campus, and will where necessary refer you to a faculty office or department for more details information or advice.
Some career opportunities are;
– Securities & Investments Analyst.
– Market & Business Analyst.
– Personal Finance Consultant.
– Marketing Manager.
– Operations Manager & Financial Analyst.
– Money Manager & Corporate Analyst.
– Investment Banker & Accountant.
– Research Scientist.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for South African & SADC Students: $5,777
Please note that fees and payment requirements differ for local and international students. A further distinction is made between international students from the SADC region, international students from elsewhere in Africa, and international students from outside Africa. The following information does not apply to students registering at the Graduate School of Business (GSB).
Students must pay the Course Fees for the selected courses, plus an International Admin Service Fee of R4, 000 plus the International Term Fee where applicable
– International Admin Service Fee – R4000
– International Term Fee from outside Africa- R49900
– International Term Fee Non-SADC – R37263
– South Africa and SADC Application fee – R100
– Outside of SADC region – R300