By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, Education and Extension|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Agriculture|
|Campus:||Upper Kabete Campus|
|Application Deadline:||30 September 2020|
The Department of Agricultural Economics proposes to start a degree of B.Sc. (Agricultural Education and Extension). The emphasis of the programme is on Rural Sociology, Extension Education, Cultural and Rural Development. The aims and objectives of the programme shall be to produce personnel who will help to enhance participation of agricultural change agents, such as extension agents, farm advisors, community agents and the others who are dedicated to developing Kenyas food supplies and helping people in other ways. The course is planned for both regular Government sponsored students and self-sponsored (parallel) students. The course will offer the flexibility of full -time as well as part- time teaching. Students shall cover the programme in four academic years, involving study by course work, project paper and field work.
To help clients make the best possible use of resources and services already available to them by;
– Changing their knowledge base so as to increase allocative efficiency in resource use.
– Changing their outlook and attitudes through development of skills and capacity for work
– Providing them with training and know-how for problem identification, solution and decision making.
– The teaching of the degree shall extend over not less than four academic years or their equivalents, each year consisting of two teaching semesters of fifteen weeks or their equivalents.
– Each student shall be required to take relevant Farm Practice, Field Attachment or Teaching Practice for a minimum period of 8 weeks after completion of the third year and before entering the fourth year of study.
– In the second semester of the 4 th year, each student shall be required to carry out a Special Project, AEX 411 relevant to the area of Agricultural Education and Extension.
In addition to satisfying the minimum University entrance requirements of mean grade of C+ , the candidates should also offer passes at C+ or above in Biology or Biological Sciences, Physics and Chemistry or Physical Sciences and Mathematics. In order to satisfy the cluster of four subjects for candidates offering Physical and Biological Sciences, the fourth subject may be selected from the following subjects:
– Building Construction
– Home Science
– Power Mechanics
– Wood work
– Drawing and Design
– Metal work
– Aviation Technology
Other Candidates (for self-sponsored students only):
Admission to the degree course may also be granted to the following candidates:
– Holder of KACE or Equivalent with minimum 2 Principal passes and at least a subsidiary pass; in mathematics. If Mathematics was not offered at KACE, then it should be offered at Ordinary Level with a minimum of a pass at credit or above.
– Holder of diploma from a recognized agricultural or veterinary college with passes at credit or distinction.
– Holder of a degree from a recognized University.
– Holder of a Higher National Diploma from a recognized institution.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Agricultural consultant
– Estates manager
– Farm manager
– Fish farm manager
– Plant breeder/geneticist
– Rural practice surveyor
– Soil scientist
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students = 164,000 KES
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 196,800 KES
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 4 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year = 164,000 KES
– Second year = 139,000 KES
– Third year = 99,000 KES
– Fourth year = 129,000 KES
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.