By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,377 /year|
|Applications Begin:||July 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in Agricultural Statistics|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Agriculture|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The programme is offerred in collaboration with the Eastern Africa Staistical Training Centre (EASTC). Registered students are hosted by the EASTC in Dar es Salaam.
– A candidate shall either hold a relevant honours bachelor degree of Sokoine University of Agriculture or a qualification from an approved institution of higher learning, deemed to be equivalent to an honours degree of Sokoine University of Agriculture.
– Candidates who hold unclassified degrees (e.g. BVM) should have a credit or a distinction in the subject of intended Master’s degree. Candidates wishing to pursue the Master of Preventive Medicine degree shall be required to have at least credits in any five subjects of the BVM degree or its equivalent.
– Candidates with pass bachelor degree may also be considered for admission if their undergraduate performance in the proposed subject of study was a B Grade average or above and they have satisfied the relevant Academic Units that they have exhibited academic potential through extensive field work, subsequent research experience and/or additional training.
– With the exception of the MPVM and MBA (Agribusiness) which are one year and one and half years degree programmes respectively, all other Master degree programmes are tenable for two years for full time students and three years for part time students. In the case of full time students, the first year is dedicated for coursework, while the second year is for research and dissertation writing.
How to Apply for Admission:
(a) Application forms can be downloaded from the school website:
http://www.sua.ac.tz/postgraduate-application-forms. Application forms can also be requested from the Director’s Office through firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Such dully-filled forms can be returned physically or mailed to the undersigned together with evidence of payment of Tanzanian Shillings TZS 50,000/= or US$ 20 for international students as application fee (normal application ) or TZS 80,000/= or US$50 for international students (for all late applications ). Payments should be made through A/C NO. 0150076769860 CRDB Bank: Swift Code No CORUTZTZXXX.
(b) Online application through http://suasis.sua.ac.tz:9092/index.php/welcome. Make sure that all relevant academic and financial documents are attached before final submission is made.
After completing this course, graduates may get opportunities in areas such as:
– Farm Business Management
– Research Organizations
– Finance and Appraisal
– Fruit Orchards
– Coffee and Rubber Plantations
– Educational Institutes, etc.
These professionals may work in major positions like Agricultural Officer, Tea Gardener, Research Scholar, Research Associate, Business Manager, etc.,
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students: $1,377
Tuition Fees per year for Tanzanian Students = 3,200,000 TZS
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 9,658,862 TZS
NB: The Tuition fees per year for all Students is an addition of the First Semester Fees: 3,300,000 TZS (Tanzanian Students), 4,325 USD (International Students) PLUS the Second Semester Fees: 3,100,000 TZS (Tanzanian Students), 4,025 (International Students), then Divided by TWO.