By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Management|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Agriculture|
|Campus:||Upper Kabete Campus|
|Application Deadline:||30 September 2020|
The Department of Agricultural Economics proposes to start a degree of B.Sc. (Agribusiness Management), on the basis that Agribusinesses have provided the growing centre of transformation process in both developed and the developing nations. The effective and efficient organization of Agribusinesses is a major pre-requisite of agricultural and economic development. Therefore, the programme offers a wide exposure to problems affecting the agribusiness industry through real life case studies. It also exposes its students to the most recent advances in information technology and management. The programme is thus well grounded to provide the agro-industry with personnel who will need little practical training on the job to be able to perform well. Agribusinesses play a vital role in paving the smooth road to industrialisation. In a liberalized environment, private sector development is important and agribusiness play an essential role. The course is planned for both regular Government sponsored students and self sponsored students. The course will offer the flexibility of full-time as well as part-time teaching.
To help clients make the best possible use of resources and services already available to them by
(i) Changing their knowledge base so as to increase allocative efficiency in resource use.
(ii) Changing their outlook and attitudes through development of skills and capacity for work.
(iii) Providing them with training and know-how for problem identification, solution and decision making.
– The teaching of the degree shall extend over not more than an equivalent of four years, each year consisting of two teaching semesters.
– Part-time students shall be allowed to take not less than 50% of the courses prescribed for the year.
– Each student shall be required to take a relevant Agribusiness Field Attachment in the 2nd semester of the third year of study and before entering the fourth year of study.
A1.1. K.C.S.E. Candidates
In addition to satisfying the minimum University requirements of mean grade of C+, the candidates should also offer passes at C+ or above in Biology or Biological Sciences, Physics and Chemistry or Physical Sciences and Mathematics. In order to satisfy the cluster of four subjects, for candidates offering Physical and Biological Sciences the fourth subject may be selected from the following subjects:
– Building Construction
– Home Science
– Power Mechanics
– Wood work
– Drawing and Design
– Metal work
– Aviation Technology
A1.2 Other Candidates: (for Self-sponsored)
Admission to the degree course may also be granted to the following candidates:
– Holders of KACE with two Principal level passes one of which must be in mathematics
– Holders of diploma from recognized agricultural or veterinary college with passes at credit or distinction.
– Holder of a degree from a recognized University.
– Holder of a Higher National Diploma from a recognized institution.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Agricultural Lobbyists: work with government officials and policymakers; represent agricultural interests
– Grain Buyers: coordinate grain purchases by farmers with companies providing grain and materials
– Agricultural Loan Officers: evaluate, approve, and manage funding loans to farmers
– Agricultural Science Educators: instruct students in science, math, and agricultural methods; provide educational development opportunities for students
– Marketing Specialists: develop and execute marketing strategies for agricultural companies providing seed, fertilizer, equipment, and related products
– Agricultural Manager
– Food Scientist
– Extension Agent
– Agricultural Lobbyists
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students = 174,000 KES
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 208,800 KES
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 4 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year = 174,000 KES
– Second year = 149,000 KES
– Third year = 179,000 KES
– Fourth year = 139,000 KES
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.