|Tuition Fees:||$550 /year|
|Applications Begin:||May 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Management|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||July 2021|
A Bachelor in Agribusiness at the Makerere University will focus on marketing, finance and people management, the technology of agribusiness, and receive a solid grounding in accounting, marketing research and economics which will prepare you for a management position which is consumer-focused and calls on commercial awareness and innovation in an agribusiness context.
The course is also ideally suited for graduate studies.
– PRINCIPLES OF AGRICULTURE, 3 Credit Units
– INTRODUCTION TO AGRICULTURAL AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT, 3 Credit Units
– INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNICATION FOR AGRARIAN DEVELOPMENT, 3 Credit Units
– GENDER AND OTHER SOCIO-ECONOMIC ISSUES IN DEVELOPMENT, 3 Credit Units
– INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNICATION AND EXTENSION METHODS, 3 Credit Units
– BASIC FRENCH COMMUNICATION SKILLS, 3 Credit Units
– INTRODUCTION TO FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, 3 Credit Units
– ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP, 4 Credit Units
– BUSINESS PSYCHOLOGY, 3 Credit Units
– BUSINESS STATISTICS, 3 Credit Units
– INTRODUCTION TO AGRIBUSINESS MANAGEMENT, 3 Credit Units
– LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT, 3 Credit Units
– INTRODUCTION TO SELPS, 3 Credit Units
– PARTICIPATORY APPROACHES TO AGRICULTURAL AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT, 4 Credit Units
– INTERMEDIATE KISWAHILI COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS, 3 Credit Units
Third Semester (Recess):
– SUPERVISED EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING PROJECT I, 5 Credits
– PRINCIPLES OF FARM BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, 3 Credit Units
– FIRM MANAGEMENT CASE STUDY THEORY, 3 Credit Units
– POULTRY MANAGEMENT 1, 2 Credit Units
– INTRODUCTION TO STATISTICS AND DATA ANALYSIS, 3 Credit Units
– FARM ENGINEERING I, 3 Credit Units
– AGRIBUSINESS ACCOUNTING, 3 Credit Units
– COOPERATIVES AND AGRIBUSINESS, 3 Credit Units
– BUSINESS RESEARCH METHODS, 3 Credit Units
– DEVELOPMENT STUDIES, 3 Credit Units
– COMMODITY MARKETING, 4 Credit Units
– FOOD PROCESSING AND PRESERVATION, 3 Credit Units
– POSTHARVEST TECHNOLOGY, 2 Credit Units
– ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND SMALL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT 1, 3 Credit Units
– SUPERVISED EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING PROJECTS (SELPS II)/ FIELD ATTACHMENT II, 5 Credit Units
– INTERNATIONAL TRADE IN AGRICULTURE, 3 Credits Units
– INNOVATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT, 3 Credits Units
– AGRIBUSINESS PRICE ANALYSIS, 3 Credits Units
– INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS LAW, 3 Credits Units
– AGRIBUSINESS OPERATIONS RESEARCH, 3 Credits Units
– AGRIBUSINESS SMALL ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT, 3 Credits Units
– INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS, 3 Credits Units
– AGRIBUSINESS ENVIRONMENT AND POLICY, 3 Credit Units
– AGRIBUSINESS FINANCE, 3 Credit Units
– FARM ENGINEERING II, 3 Credit Units
– SPECIAL PROJECT, 5 Credit Units
– DOCUMENTING AND DISSEMINATING DEVELOPMENT INFORMATION, 4 Credit Units
– HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, 3 Credit Units
– BUSINESS STRATEGY, 3 Credit Units
Each applicant should:
Have the Uganda Certificate of Education with at least (five passes), or its equivalent and at least two principal passes at Advanced Level obtained at the same sitting.
Hold at least a Second Class or Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma from a recognised institution, relevant to this programme.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Application forms and other relevant information may be obtained from undergraduate admissions Office, Level 3, Senate Building, Makerere University. Admissions are processed in May/June every year.
2. Non-refundable application fee of UG Shs.50,000 plus Bank charge of UG Shs.2,500/= should be paid from the following banks using Makerere University Paying-in-slips:
i. Any STANBIC BANK BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 9030005816385
ii. DFCU BANK MAKERERE BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 01013500181512
iii. CENTENARY BANK MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 4912300001
iv. CRANE BANK MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 0145053500100
3. After paying, each applicant must attach a copy of the paying – in slip to the application form and submit the completed application form to the Undergraduate Admissions Office in the Senate Building, Makerere University.
Candidates who hold grades X, Y, Z, 7 and 9 of ‘O’level results should not apply because they are Not eligible for admission.
Diploma holder applicants who hold class three (3) Diploma Certificates are not eligible for admission and therefore should not apply, except where stated in the diploma holders requirements.
Makerere University welcomes International Students who should follow the Application Procedure below;
1. Get pay in slips from Stanbic or DFCU bank at the main campus Makerere University where applicable.
2. After paying the Fee of USD $ 75 or 172,500 UGX take the bank slip to the main building (Finance Department) for verification where applicable.
3. On presentation of the application fee bank slip, pick the application form from Room 316, Level 3, Senate Building.
4. Applicants with academic documents prescribed in other languages other than English should be submitted to the School of Languages, Makerere University for translation into English.
5. Applicants who obtained qualifications elsewhere other than Uganda should take their secondary school academic documents to Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) located in Ntinda for purposes of being equated to Ugandan grades.
6. Completed forms should be returned to level 3, Senate Building, Room 316, and the following documents MUST be attached to the application form:
– Original Pay in slip from the Bank
– One Passport size photograph of the applicants’ current likeness
– Photocopies of Secondary School Certificates (i e Ordinary Level and Advanced Level) or its equivalent.
7. Diploma/Degree holder’s applicants MUST attach certified photocopies of their academic transcripts issued by the awarding institutions.
8. Applicants from countries where the language of instruction is not English are required to bring evidence of proficiency of English. However, Makerere University (School of Languages) conducts proficiency tests on request.
9. Applicants wishing to be admitted to the Bachelor of Laws programme offered by Makerere University are required to take a pre-entry examination.
10. International students MUST present insurance certificates from a reputable insurance firm at the time of admission. So, the insurance firm should cater for any eventuality not Makerere University.
11. The Academic Year normally starts in August every year. Applicants can download the form and send it with academic documents attached to; The Academic Registrar (Admissions), Makerere University, P O BOX 7062, Kampala-Uganda.
Career Opportunities for Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Management include:
– Farm Manager.
– Credit Manager.
– Territory Sales Manager.
– Operations Supervisor.
– Area Operations Manager.
– Executive Assistant.
– Development Officer
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan, EAC and Refugee Students: $550
Tuition Fee Per Year for Ugandan Students = 2,036,650 UGX
Tuition Fee per Year for International Students = 3,054,976 UGX
NOTE: Students from countries within the East African Community (EAC), as well as Refugee students, pay the same tuition fee as Ugandans.
**Member countries of the EAC sub Region include; Uganda, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan and Tanzania.